Thank you

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

w1p

Thank you

Post by w1p »

Hey All,

I purchased shadow's the day it came out but have not really had a chance to play it because of work.

However, over the last few nights and for the next month or so (hopefully) I'm going to be playing it non-stop.

I just wanted to say thanks, firstly, to Erik + Co for making another superb expansion, although I guess I've sort of said thank you by buying this game and all the others already and convincing several of my other "online" friends to do the same!

The other people I wanted to say thank you to are Martian Shark7, Tampa_Gamer and Sirian.

Martian - Not sure if your active on this forum any more, but your GEM is an awesome mod and without it the standard game feels drab (It's not, but it just feels that way :))

Tampa_Gamer - Your character symbols, systems names and sound effects mods are must-have's, and it feels like I'm playing a modded game when i'm NOT using them!!

Sirian - Your components, resources and messages mod are also part of the game for me, and just remove some of the (in my opinion) slightly painful UI points in the game.

Last, but not least, Shark7 - Your ship names mod is a very, very small part of the game, and the only mod of yours I use. However, it is probably THE most important. It's absolutely incredible how having names to ships instead of destroyer 001 etc. gives me complete immersion in the game!

I know you guys go to a lot of effort to make these additions, and a majority of people enjoy them immensely, but you only ever hear from people who have problems or complain. So I thought I'd say thanks now I have some time to do so!

Thanks

*Edit* anybody reading this who doesn't use any mods, this is my personal favourite combo. Give it a go!
ehsumrell1

RE: Thank you

Post by ehsumrell1 »

+1
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

Wow, thanks w1p. [:)]

That shipnames.txt file was a lot of work, but it was all worth it knowing just one other person is really enjoying it and putting it to use.
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Thank you to the community as well. Also, new update coming today. [8D]
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
mSterian

Post by mSterian »

Changelog pls?
Larsenex

Post by Larsenex »

Woot...Erik..Updates! I live for UPDATES!!!
Go for the Eyes Boo!

Intel 8700K Oc'd to 4.8ghz
32 gigs ram
GTX 1070 w/ 6gigs ram.
Using a cache drive from intel with a 60gig flash & 1 terrabyt hd accelerated.
hewwo

Post by hewwo »

hey w1p, thanks for the mod overview!
TanC

Post by TanC »

Thank you for the mod overview, I've already been using GEM, and I just bumped Shark7, but I am having trouble locating the rest. Mind including a link to the mods in question in your OP?
Anthropoid

Post by Anthropoid »

Yep! Distant Worlds is an amazingly good game! Best 4x Space game hands down! One of the best strategy games I've ever encountered.

For whatever reasons, it doesn't seem to be as well-known as some similar games that don't even come close to it in quality and quantity, replayability and vision. But I think that it will be recognized in time for what it is: a timeless classic.

I do hope that DW has proven to be a financial success and that it is just the beginning of similar games that Code Force and Matrix will produce! Elliot, Eric and all of you folks who have been responsible you really should be proud!
The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ ... playnext=3
mSterian

Post by mSterian »

ORIGINAL: Anthropoid
I do hope that DW has proven to be a financial success and that it is just the beginning of similar games that Code Force and Matrix will produce!

Similar games? NO. Keep improving this one. It's got so much potential and so much room to grow.
(Just pls fix the curent bugs :) before)
Tampa_Gamer

Post by Tampa_Gamer »

Thanks w1p, sorry I didn't read this thread until just today. As Shark7 mentioned, as long as we know someone else is still using the mod - that is all the thanks we need and motivates us to keep our mods updated. Having said that, my goal is to post my updated (for Shadows) sound mod later this week after I get through some work issues.
For those interested, forum thread link to post with a master list of all my DW mods: Link

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”