Scourge of War: Chancellorsville v1.61 Update

Scourge of War is the definitive American Civil War grand tactical wargame of this generation. With impressive 3D graphics, an award-winning AI, pausable real-time play, historical battlefield terrain and orders of battle down to the regiment and battery level, Scourge of War captures the tactical challenges that faced the real Union and Confederate commanders more than 130 years ago.

This forum covers the main game Gettysburg and its two expansions Antietam, Pipe Creek, and Chancellorsville!

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWar

Philkian

Scourge of War: Chancellorsville v1.61 Update

Post by Philkian »

We are releasing the v1.61 Update for Scourge of War: Chancellorsville.

The v1.61 Update adds new features like no limit on the number of human courier messages in Single Player and Multiplayer games and improvement in the realism of the "line of sight" calculation for units. It also fixes some bugs like the one that prevented courier orders from being obeyed until the "Time" setting was altered the one that prevented courier orders from being executed until a previous "Move to This Map Point" destination was reached. This also brings Scourge of War: Chancellorsville up to date with the Anniversary Edition release level and ensures multiplayer compatibility.

For a full list of changes, look below:

v1.61 – July 08, 2013

New Features

* It is now possible to modify unitglobal.csv, unitmodel.csv, munitions.csv and unitpack.csv files for Multiplayer games.
* The unit currently selected in-game will now be selected when the "Compose Courier Message" window is opened.
* New grass, dirt, woods, rocks, and water textures for all Gettysburg and Antietam maps have been added.
* There is now no limit on the number of human courier messages in Single Player and Multiplayer games.
* The realism of the "line of sight" calculation for units has been improved. Friendly units are now more likely to obstruct each other, and "shooting over" problems are reduced.

Bug fixes

* Cavalry now less likely to withdraw when under fire.
* Units retreating in close quarters will now halt and reform when a large enough gap between units is available.
* A bug that prevented courier orders from being obeyed until the "Time" setting was altered has been fixed.
* A bug that prevented courier orders from being executed until a previous "Move to This Map Point" destination was reached has been fixed. A separate command for waypoints has been added.
* A bug that prevented courier facing orders from being executed correctly has been fixed. A new command, "Face your unit in this direction upon arrival," has been added. The facing direction command must be given after the move order and before the formation is specified; e.g., "General A, move to x farm, face to the SW, form your brigade in a line."
* Units will no longer spawn in rivers at the beginning of Sandbox battles.
* Supply wagons will be less likely to move too close to the enemy during combat.
* Antietam and Chancellorsville roads have been corrected.
* The missing basement on the St. George Church has been added.
* Buildings in the Salem Church map have been corrected.
* A conflict in MultiPlayer when different "Aicount"s were specified by host and clients has been fixed.
* Units will now be less likely to unrealistically re-form under fire.
* Fixed a scoring bug linked to officer respawning.
* Fixed AN07 carryover to AN14 scenario issue.

To download the update, players can run “Check for Update” via the game menu or download it directly from the game's download page

Get more information on Scourge of War Gettysburg: Chancellorsville from its official product page.
Moltke71

RE: Scourge of War: Chancellorsville v1.61 Update

Post by Moltke71 »

If I have this as an add-on to SOW Gettysburg, do I need to updatte?
Jim Cobb
Jim_NSD

Post by Jim_NSD »

This patch is to bring the stand alone version of Chancellorsville up to version 1.61.

If you have CV as an add on to Gettysburg and you have patched Gettysburg to 1.61 then you are done.

-Jim
Design Lead: Scourge of War

"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont Infantry, 2 July 1863
leftydad

Post by leftydad »

I wish that had been explained better. I own Scourge of War and all the add-ons, including Chancellorsville. I downloaded the patch, and now it's screwed up the main menu screen. Each menu item is now a blank red banner. Any fixes?
James
Jim_NSD

Post by Jim_NSD »

Hmm . . .

Might work: Try running the installer for the main game 1.61 patch. It will tell you that you are up to date but keep going anyway.

If that fails, run the main game installer and then the main game 1.61 patch installer.

Best of luck.

-Jim
Design Lead: Scourge of War

"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont Infantry, 2 July 1863
leftydad

Post by leftydad »

After uninstalling/reinstalling/uninstalling/reinstalling I discovered that my problem was Win 8. I have to change the compatibility to Win 7 for it to work.
James

Return to “Scourge of War Gettysburg Series”