May patch

Achtung Panzer:Operation Star is an Eastern Front wargame with solid graphics and sprawling battlefields that really emphasize the scope of WWII tank combat. The gameplay is a remarkably realistic turn-based and real-time operational/tactical hybrid wargame that continues the series begun by the acclaimed Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943.
bairdlander2

May patch

Post by bairdlander2 »

I havnt installed a patch in a LONG time,but want to get back into the game.Do I need to install previous patches or does the May 2013 patch include everything up to date?[&:]
Dane49

RE: May patch

Post by Dane49 »

How long is LONG.If you are presently using the v580 engine it should be easy enough to update with the new engine(v5.81c1) first than apply the latest patch(March 13c4).

bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

I have district update 1.03 and game update 1.08
I didn't see 5.81c1 on graviteam site
Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

This is what the new updated version of what my game looks like.Hopefully you bought this game from Gamersgate and you can get all the new patches and redownload the core game again there then apply the new engine and patch from there or here.
http://www.graviteam.ua/help/download-patches.html
A new current patch was added yesterday(GTOS mar13d1 2013 eng.So the new update may look a little different from my updater.Make sure you only download the English(eng) versions not the Russian(RUS)versions.

Attachments
ScreenShot007.jpg
ScreenShot007.jpg (147.27 KiB) Viewed 356 times
spillblood

Post by spillblood »

Have updated it (did work after studying some forum threads on how to do it), what I've been wondering about, what is the polygon update (defined as "optional") on the patches page? Does it increase the poly count of units?
Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

Polygons are what they call the maps(Rakitnoe,Taranovka etc...)The district update for these 2 maps addressed some bugs and added some different weather lighting and a few other things also that is probably explained in the read me.
spillblood

Post by spillblood »

Thanks for the info, so I'll download and install that update as well.
Will play the game some more and then decide if I should get some of the expansions from GG. I've liked the game so far, but when I initially bought it, the interface was very confusing, so I had to view some tutorials on Youtube etc. and read the (pretty poor) documentation to get the hang of it.
Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

The learning curve for this game is basically all hands on.The documentation for game play is horrible,so is the in game tutorial.

Eventually all the pieces will start to fall into place after you've played for awhile and are actually very well thought out concerning what buttons do what and how they interact with each other,but it takes patience and some dedication.

Most people try to jump into the campaign game to learn the basics and get overwhelmed.I suggest trying the quick battle editor with a platoon or so to get a feel for movement commands and gradually add more different units to your QB set ups till you become comfortable with how the UI works and what buttons do what and what units perform what function.

This is a fantastic game after you get over the top of the learning curve,and the DLCs are very excellent additions to the game for the price being asked at Gamersgate(I recommend you only purchase from GG.They are usually the only place that sells the game with current patches and DLCs).

Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

UPDATE:
Version update for the game should now be Mar13d1 instead of Mar13c4.
Game update should be 4.07 instead of 4.05.

Return to “Achtung Panzer Operation Star”