Field Marshal von Fogger vs Comrade Marshal Fulkerson

Post accounts of your memorable victories and defeats here for other wargamers to share.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

larryfulkerson

Field Marshal von Fogger vs Comrade Marshal Fulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Hey everybody. John Fogger and I have agreed to play FITE ( Ron's Mod v. 1.8 ) and he gave me the Title of our AAR and I thought I'd best post it somewhere before I forgot what he wanted for a a title. Fogger wants to be the Axis which leaves me the Soviet side. There's some house rules for this thing and I thought maybe I should specify what they are:

House rules for FiTE modifications
Here are the house rules for the Buzz mods as sent to me by Buzz himself:
Original House rules:
1) Minors may not stack, or attack together with other minors. (Exception: Swedes may stack and attack with Finns) – KEEP.

2) Hungarian, Rumanian and Slovakian units may not move before turn 4. The Finns may not move until turn 6. THIS IS REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT THEY ARE ACTIVATED BEFORE TURN 4 AND 6. If the Soviet forces moves into the respectivly minors, or attack any of their units, this restriction is lifted – DELETE.

3) Only Inf type units (Mtns, Marine, JG etc., NOT Cav, Mot., Armored, Art, HQ ect. ) may invade. Only 1 Division for the Axis may invade pr. turn. Soviet forces may invade with (Current year-1940) divisions each turn. E.g. this means the Soviet player may invade with 5 Divisions in 1945 and one in 1941. Invasion is defined as entering a hex that's enemy controlled BEFORE the turn started. This is regardless of whether the hex was occupied by enemy units – KEEP.
(Note: this rule applies to sea-borne invasions, not the land units moving into Russia in Operation Barbarossa.)

4) Units are not allowed to paradrop more than 10 hexes away from friendly land units able to trace a supply path to a friendly supply source – KEEP.

5) The only HQ allowed to airlift behind enemy lines are the 7th FJ Div HQ – KEEP.

6) The Finns may not move south of the original border north of Leningrad (line marked on map), or south of the Svir River at the Karelian ness (marked), east of the line by Karhumäki (marked) and across the old border by Salla (marked), untill turn 40. Further more, given the special circumstance of the historic involvement of the Finns, they are not allowed embark on ships or attack into ANY Leningrad or Murmansk hexes. If Leningrad falls the restrictions on the Finns are lifted – DELETE.
(Note: this is a very important change as it allows the Finns to pose a threat to Leningrad and Murmansk – which was not possible with the original house rule. When combined with the deletion of Rule 7 (below) a lot of strategic possibilities are opened up for the Axis player)

7) The Axis player may only send one German division or three air formations to Finland. This is in addition to German divisions that start or enters as reinforcement in Finland and Norway. Only two GERMAN divisions may be in or attack out from the southern part of Finland at any time. (Area below the non-playable, black area) All restriction on the German forces are lifted on turn 136 or if Sweden joins the war – DELETE.

8) Axis forces are not allowed to enter the foot of Italy - KEEP.

9) No ground attacks may be made from non-active minor countries. (Finland from turn 6, Hungary and Rumania from turn 4) – DELETE (buzz mod 7 provides theater options for earlier start times, anyway).

10) No units are allowed to enter Sweden unless Sweden joins the Axis by the use of Theater Options. No Swedish units must be moved unless Sweden has been activated – KEEP.

11) After the German Case Blau offensive in 1942 Theater Options appear for the Axis to bully Sweden and/or Turkey to join them. THIS THEATER OPTION IS PURELY OPTIONAL AND SHOULD BE DISCUSSED BETWEEN THE TWO PLAYERS BEFORE THE GAME BEGINS. IT IS JUST TO ADD FLAVOR TO THE SCENARIO – Make available as soon as it appears (normally Soviet turn 1).

12) Units may ONLY be disbanded if they are in a city hex (minor or major) AND are able to trace a supply path to a friendly supply source. Remember you cannot trace supply in enemy Zone Of Control unless that hex contains a friendly units – DELETE --- NO DISBANDING ALLOWED AT ALL.

13) Slovak, Hungarian, Turkish and Rumanian units may not enter Finland - KEEP.

Other house rules:
a. Again, no manual disbanding authorized.
b. No usage of the UNDO button / feature.
c. Again, no restrictions regarding Finland, whatsoever, except 13 (to include the rest of the above and those that came with Buzz Mod ver 7).
d. As I haven’t gone too far beyond the first winter in any FitE game, not sure of any other house rules for later time periods. If we get that far and we come across an issue we can discuss and decide, then.
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
larryfulkerson

RE: Field Marshal von Fogger vs Comrade Marshal Fulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's the Turn1 starting positions:

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (445.44 KiB) Viewed 881 times
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

I'm really hoping we use these settings:

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (141.28 KiB) Viewed 877 times
secadegas

Post by secadegas »

High supply on?
Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Is this the modded 7 version? If so - get ready for some fun/lots of pain
dazed and confused again!
philturco

Post by philturco »

happy to see Larry back in a FITE game. I always followed his AAR's
sanderz

Post by sanderz »

will be following this with interest

larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

ORIGINAL: Sekadegas
High supply on?
Is there a problem w/ it on? You know something I don't? I was guessing high supply was a good thing.
ORIGINAL: Foggy
Is this the modded 7 version? If so - get ready for some fun/lots of pain
This is the Ron's Mod v 1.1.8 which tells me very little since I haven't looked into the various mods
that have taken place since this project started. I hear tell that there's a FITE II in the works.
I've been away from FITE so long I don't remember anything needing fixing w/ FITE. Somebody
refresh my memory. Is v 1.1.8 as good or better, etc.
ORIGINAL: Bibbo
happy to see Larry back in a FITE game. I always followed his AAR's
I'll see if I can't spice this one up and make it funner to read this time.
ORIGINAL: sanderz
will be following this with interest
Don't feel like you can't post something yourself. I don't own the disk space or anything. Thanks for
your interest.
fogger

Post by fogger »

0400 hrs
The tanks are starting their engines. The planes are taking off. The infantry are moving up to the FUP's. The artillery, well they are still hung over from the night before, but the good news is that should improve their accuracy.

Larry,
First turn in the mail. Will try and post some pictures shortly. It is after midnight and I have to get some sleep
cheers
John
Thought for the day:
If you feel like doing some work, sit down and wait....... The feeling does go away.
secadegas

Post by secadegas »

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson
High supply on?
Is there a problem w/ it on? You know something I don't? I was guessing high supply was a good thing.

Is this version of FITE designed for high supply? If so no problem. Otherwise normal supply is the default for the vast majority of scenarios i know of.

High supply option on scenarios designed with sound levels of supply turns things too easy on recovering units from combat and moviment. IMO isn't suitable for experienced players.

larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson
High supply on?
Is this version of FITE designed for high supply? If so no problem. Otherwise normal supply is the default for the vast majority of scenarios i know of.

High supply option on scenarios designed with sound levels of supply turns things too easy on recovering units from combat and moviment. IMO isn't suitable for experienced players.
I just now received the first turn from John and he reports that alas, he left the high supply off. It effects him more than me so I'm
still good to go. Expect some pictures shortly.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

John says he would like to acertain the Soviet losses, particularly aircraft so I'm posting this as the losses for Axis turn 1.

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (58.14 KiB) Viewed 888 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Lemme give you this overview and then I'll give you the tour:

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (477.08 KiB) Viewed 885 times
Josh

Post by Josh »

/Subscribed  [:D]
May the best player win gentlemen.
Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Sorry - until you nail down exactly what you're playing - it'll be hard to pay attention[>:]
dazed and confused again!
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's a zoom-in on the area between Riga and Wilno. This is what happens when you turn on "no borders". Not much to show you
guys and not much to see really.

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (485.23 KiB) Viewed 884 times
Petey

Post by Petey »

I'm following, and I'll be there to the end.

Petey

larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

ORIGINAL: Petey
I'm following, and I'll be there to the end.

Petey
Thanks Petey......I'm counting on you.

This is the view from Wilno looking south. I expect to lose Minsk during turn 3. John is off to a good start and he plays agressively and
this is true broken-field running and his units are racing off to the east weaving and dodging.

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (465.39 KiB) Viewed 885 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's a view of the Marshes area:

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (460.5 KiB) Viewed 884 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

This is a view of the south area. John is flooding south and destroying all in his path.

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (475.53 KiB) Viewed 884 times

Return to “After Action Reports”