OT - Does this happen to you?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Chickenboy

RE: OT - Does this happen to you?

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo
Uh, yeah. Well watch yourself there champ. I can tell you that I added a (now) 4yo to a (now) 22yo thinking the same thing: "we are way past that ..." [;)]

Ummm...did you not have a 'little chat' with your urologist about 15 years ago, mate?
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Uh, yeah. Well watch yourself there champ. I can tell you that I added a (now) 4yo to a (now) 22yo thinking the same thing: "we are way past that ..." [;)]

Ummm...did you not have a 'little chat' with your urologist about 15 years ago, mate?
16 years ago ... sorry mate, I was in Montevideo on a good day, on a bad day ... well let's just leave it there. What is common and standard here at a urologist is leading edge science other places. Not interested in having the wrong things cut if you understand ... [;)]
Pax
Treetop64

Post by Treetop64 »

ORIGINAL: Treetop64

ORIGINAL: AU Tiger

Your lady decides she is in a chatty mood, and as she goes on and on about other kids' parents, the jerk at work, hair appointments, blah blah blah....and your mind is off in Malaysia and the DEI?

Every.
Friggin.
Day.

Lately we've been babysitting for friends, and now she's suddenly stricken with a bad case of baby fever. Won't stop talking about "baby this" and "baby that". Showing pictures of the baby, and other babies, on her iPhone. God.

Thankfully, we've matured past the point where it's biologically possible (and psychologically tolerable) for us to have children. She seems to think that babies stay cute and cuddly forever, and neglects to think of the prospect of raising teenagers while in our 60s.

I still fear that I may come home someday and find the friend's baby at our house, without her mother knowing about it...

Well, I hope that's not a jinx. [:D] That is a wide gap, BTW...
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Old dad warspite can claim a bigger gap:

First warspite jr born 1943
Fifth and final warspite jr born 1967 [:)] Dad was 54 then [&o]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
topeverest

Post by topeverest »

I can vouch for the great dane. Magnificent breed. get at least two!

And my better half wants an October baby. I am 46!
Andy M
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Sounds like the spread of a guy I know. He's the youngest of, I think, 12 kids spread out over 25 years. He has nieces and nephews older than he is.

I had a step niece who was only two years younger than me. My sister is 10 years older than I am and she married someone much older than her. When people would mistake my brother-in-law for my father he would gleefully tell them that I was his brother-in-law and watch the confused looks on their faces. Ultimately the marriage failed because my sister was more mature than he was...

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: wdolson

Sounds like the spread of a guy I know. He's the youngest of, I think, 12 kids spread out over 25 years. He has nieces and nephews older than he is.

I had a step niece who was only two years younger than me. My sister is 10 years older than I am and she married someone much older than her. When people would mistake my brother-in-law for my father he would gleefully tell them that I was his brother-in-law and watch the confused looks on their faces. Ultimately the marriage failed because my sister was more mature than he was...

Bill
warspite1

Was there a specific reason for the spread that you are aware of? In my dad's case it was due to his first wife, with whom he had 2 little warspite's, dying, and when he re-married, my mum wanted her own children.

Going back further, we were told when kids, that Grandad warspite (on dad's side) was the youngest of 23. Research into the family tree has confirmed not quite so many. We have 17 confirmed children, born between 1864 and 1887 (my grandad). Great grandma must have spent a large part of her life in a state of pregnancy - incredible...
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

I guess his parents didn't believe in birth control.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
kaleun

Post by kaleun »

Back then birth control was called breastfeeding.
Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu
Justus2

Post by Justus2 »

Bill
warspite1

Was there a specific reason for the spread that you are aware of? In my dad's case it was due to his first wife, with whom he had 2 little warspite's, dying, and when he re-married, my mum wanted her own children.

Going back further, we were told when kids, that Grandad warspite (on dad's side) was the youngest of 23. Research into the family tree has confirmed not quite so many. We have 17 confirmed children, born between 1864 and 1887 (my grandad). Great grandma must have spent a large part of her life in a state of pregnancy - incredible...
I have a great-great..great-grandfather who had 24 children, 20! with his first wife, and 4 more with wife #2. Being the mid-1800s, barely over half made it to adulthood, sadly. When researching the birth records, we had a confusing discovery. Charles and Theresa had a boy on March 4, and Charles and Theresa had a daughter on March 11..?!? Turns out Charles Jr (who also married a girl named Theresa) was having his 1st son, while Dad and Mom were on #18... [X(]

I came from a family of 6, and thought OUR house was crowded!
Just when I get the hang of a game, I buy two more... :)
Treetop64

Post by Treetop64 »

ORIGINAL: Justus2

Bill
warspite1

I have a great-great..great-grandfather who had 24 children, 20! with his first wife, and 4 more with wife #2. Being the mid-1800s, barely over half made it to adulthood, sadly. When researching the birth records, we had a confusing discovery. Charles and Theresa had a boy on March 4, and Charles and Theresa had a daughter on March 11..?!? Turns out Charles Jr (who also married a girl named Theresa) was having his 1st son, while Dad and Mom were on #18... [X(]

I came from a family of 6, and thought OUR house was crowded!

Obviously, he loved his first wife a whole lot more than his second, (or was just too damn tired to continue with the second). [:D]
catwhoorg

Post by catwhoorg »

ORIGINAL: kaleun

Back then birth control was called breastfeeding.

I dunno. A 2 year old is pretty durn effective birth control as well. No parent can keep up with that level of energy...

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”