B5N1 vs B5N2 (DaBigBabes C) (No Khyberbill Please)

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Icedawg

B5N1 vs B5N2 (DaBigBabes C) (No Khyberbill Please)

Post by Icedawg »

Has anyone considered just building the B5N1 Kate and not the B5N2? The stats are nearly identical aside from the service rating, and when you consider that most CV battles are just one and done, service rating isn't all that big of a consideration.

You start the game with a bunch of Hikari engines that only the B5N1 uses, so why not just build out those and wait for the Jill to come along?

If you end up having some massive CV battle and your TBs take a big hit, then you may have to switch over to the B5N2. But, if things stay pretty quiet and you research the heck out of the Jill (and get her online by late 42/early 43), you might not even have to build a single B5N2.

I'm asking because I'm in Dec 42, the B6N2 should be available within a month or so and I have about 150 each of the B5N1 and the B5N2 in my aircraft pool. Seems like a horrible waste of resources that could be partially avoided by not even bothering with the B5N2.

Has anyone thought of, or even tried this?
kaleun

RE: B5N1 vs B5N2 (DaBigBabes C) (No Khyberbill Please)

Post by kaleun »

Could be an idea.
Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Icedawg

Has anyone considered just building the B5N1 Kate and not the B5N2? The stats are nearly identical aside from the service rating, and when you consider that most CV battles are just one and done, service rating isn't all that big of a consideration.

You start the game with a bunch of Hikari engines that only the B5N1 uses, so why not just build out those and wait for the Jill to come along?

If you end up having some massive CV battle and your TBs take a big hit, then you may have to switch over to the B5N2. But, if things stay pretty quiet and you research the heck out of the Jill (and get her online by late 42/early 43), you might not even have to build a single B5N2.

I'm asking because I'm in Dec 42, the B6N2 should be available within a month or so and I have about 150 each of the B5N1 and the B5N2 in my aircraft pool. Seems like a horrible waste of resources that could be partially avoided by not even bothering with the B5N2.

Hi Icedawg,

I certainly produce the B5N1 to the exhaustion of the engine pools. I'll use them if needs arise as a replacement for B5N2 production.

I usually will produce a modest number of B5N2s, whilest awaiting the D6Y1. I like the 'backup' should things go pear-shaped in my airframe pool.

Plus, both the B5N1 and B5N2 will make for fine kamikaze aircraft come late war. It's worth having them available in numbers, IMO.
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Hi Icedawg,

I certainly produce the B5N1 to the exhaustion of the engine pools. I'll use them if needs arise as a replacement for B5N2 production.

I usually will produce a modest number of B5N2s, whilest awaiting the D6Y1. I like the 'backup' should things go pear-shaped in my airframe pool.

Plus, both the B5N1 and B5N2 will make for fine kamikaze aircraft come late war. It's worth having them available in numbers, IMO.

Ditto, though I can't speak to kamikazes yet. There's no point in not producing the N1.

Except I wait for the B6N (Jill) rather than the D6Y (Grace).
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

Hi Icedawg,

Ditto, though I can't speak to kamikazes yet. There's no point in not producing the N1.

Except I wait for the B6N (Jill) rather than the D6Y (Grace).

Gah! Typo. I meant the B6 (Jill), not the D6 (Grace). Sorry for any misunderstanding.
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

Hi Icedawg,

+1
Pax
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

+2

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”