Problems with pathing

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
zaxxon

Problems with pathing

Post by zaxxon »

Hello,

I didn't find a more suitable subforum, so I post it here, sorry.

I can't really see much of an improvement to the pathing compared to old versions of CC. My tanks have problems to drive to a point given, where only lawn, road and pavement is inbetween. It starts circling around as if the pavement was an obstacle, turning 180 degrees, driving 1-2 meters, turning again and so on.
When a tank is on a road and I give it a destination, where only a road is there for a straight connection, not one of these dangerous pavements [:D], it usually get's along. Maybe it depends on the map, but that knowledge doesn't help me as player anyway.
Also I wonder, when my 7.5cm PAK 40 is in ambush mode on a distance of about 300 meters, and a M8 turns around the corner, the M8 gets the shot off as first even though the PAK crew is marked as "experienced".
For a game that is butt old and having a bit revamped graphics and a multiplayer mode, I think such basic problems as they had been there many years back, should be addressed 1st, considering I payed about 50 bucks for the boxed game.
The deal is done - the cash is gone, but it would be nice to see any real improvement in a hopefully coming patch in the near future.
later
zaxxon
SteveMcClaire

RE: Problems with pathing

Post by SteveMcClaire »

First off, I would suggest updating to the latest patch if you have not already done so:

tm.asp?m=3288748

I am not sure what version you mean by 'your old version of CC', but there have been some significant pathfinding improvements in the last two versions of the game (Last Stand Arnhem and Panthers in the Fog). Given the free-form nature of CC's maps, there will always be problem cases, but without specific details I can't really give an explanation for what you're seeing.

Steve

zaxxon

Post by zaxxon »

Hello Steve,

with old versions of CC I mean for example CC IV.
I have patched the Panthers in the Fog to the latest version of course.
For pathing problems, I have played:
Battles -> Avranches
I have taken a screenshot and just saw, there is a lantern, that made the tank troubles to move to the destination (blue circle).

So it was not the pavement, my fault, but maybe there is an easy option to code in that lanterns and maybe low walls and especially trees can be ignored for a tank?
I mean that might be a much better gaming experience and a bit more realistic.

I have another issue. In this battle I wait for the US units to come along and try to ambush them. I shot 2 of their tanks on the road, so it was blocked. The rest of the US tanks was cought in that little clearing and they were not able to advance anymore. The 20 minutes I have for the defence of that village was gone quick without much of a real battle going on after the kills on the road.
They were not able to get past any of the trees, fences or low walls.
I painted the tanks since I do not have taken screenshots when that happened, but it is easy to reproduce on that map. I assume you see the problem.

Would be nice if these issues could be addressed in future patch.

Edit:
I am not allowed yet to post linked images, so I try to add them as attachments.

Attachments
pathing1.jpg
pathing1.jpg (185.85 KiB) Viewed 113 times
later
zaxxon
zaxxon

Post by zaxxon »

Here is the second shot, where I redid the tanks with squares. The black ones are the wrecks on the road.

Attachments
path_blocked.jpg
path_blocked.jpg (811.45 KiB) Viewed 113 times
later
zaxxon
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Zaxxon,

Thank you for posting the screenshots. I will take a look at it.

Steve

Return to “Tech Support”