WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available!

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Richard III

RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.9.2 Available!

Post by Richard III »

Well, although Tracker loads I don`t get any Alerts ?

All the other reports are there & current. Here is the tracker screen

Attachments
NOAlerts.jpg
NOAlerts.jpg (94.38 KiB) Viewed 115 times
“History would be a wonderful thing – if it were only true.”

¯ Leo Tolstoy
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: Richard III

Two turns must be loaded before you get Alerts Richrd. They are tracker generated by comparing one turn to the next
Richard III

Post by Richard III »

I`m overwriting the PBEM turns as I get them back in the save folder as 009, is that the issue ? I`m up to T 9 in the game in question.
ORIGINAL: n01487477

Two turns must be loaded before you get Alerts Richrd. They are tracker generated by comparing one turn to the next

¯ Leo Tolstoy
floydg

Post by floydg »

Are you using the "Read turn" or "Multi-turn Read" function? Can you check the Turn List to see if you have 9 turns read in?
Delete the trackerdb.* files.
Copy the pwsdll.dll file from the game folder to the WitPTracker folder.
Try running the WitPTracker.bat again.
Richard III

Post by Richard III »

I`m using the "Read Turn" The turn list shows one turn read in.
ORIGINAL: floydg

Are you using the "Read turn" or "Multi-turn Read" function? Can you check the Turn List to see if you have 9 turns read in?

¯ Leo Tolstoy
floydg

Post by floydg »

I`m using the "Read Turn" The turn list shows one turn read in.

How are you reading in new turns? You need to manually take some action to get new turns read in; just moving files doesn't get them read in.

Floyd
Richard III

Post by Richard III »

I used the "select Dir" for loading multi turn read as per the pic. on pg. 2 in the " Loading Turns" chapter in the manual which I printed out.

I select "all PWS".

When I point to the save folder in the game Install I`m playing it does not show wpae009.2pws, wpae009.3pws, wpae009.4pws, etc. Just the current turn .
It just sows the current wpae
Sorry to waste your time here with me being dumb.

Attachments
GameSaveFile.jpg
GameSaveFile.jpg (177.47 KiB) Viewed 115 times

¯ Leo Tolstoy
Jim Stevens

Post by Jim Stevens »

Is there anybody here feeling generous enough to walk me through a reinstall tomorrow? I am missing something or making a wrong decision in the install that is keeping this awesome tool from working for me. If you would be so kind as to contact me via private message. Thanks...
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: Jim Stevens

Is there anybody here feeling generous enough to walk me through a reinstall tomorrow? I am missing something or making a wrong decision in the install that is keeping this awesome tool from working for me. If you would be so kind as to contact me via private message. Thanks...
I'm on a plane home until Monday ... sorry next week I can though
dorjun driver

Post by dorjun driver »

ORIGINAL: Jim Stevens

Ditto
x - ARPAnaut
x - ACM
x - AES
Current - Bum

The paths of glory may lead you to the grave, but the paths of duty may not get you anywhere.
JT
Knavey

Post by Knavey »

My opponent and I did an alternate reality turn and are going to use it instead of the old turn. I know you cannot undo the upload, so I want to reset Tracker starting with the new turn. I deleted the trackerdb files (4 of them) but when I run the program it still says my last turn is loaded instead of having empty files. When I look at the properties in the files in the folders, none have a current date so they have not been modified to have new data.

Any suggestions?
x-Nuc twidget
CVN-71
USN 87-93
"Going slow in the fast direction"
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

It sounds like you missed at least one of the files. The four to delete are named:

trackerdb.backup
trackerdb.data
trackerdb.properties
trackerdb.script

Make sure you get them all.
Knavey

Post by Knavey »

Got all of those.

When I had the original turn loaded, it was turn 666. We redid the turn, I deleted those files, and it showed 666 loaded at the bottom of the Tracker screen but it did not have any data in it. When I tried to load the turn, it gave the message turn already loaded.

I then deleted the files again that were created and tried the next turn.

I moved to the next turn, and it shows turn 667 loaded at the bottom of the screen, but no data for 667. It also gives me the message the turn is already loaded if I try to load it.
x-Nuc twidget
CVN-71
USN 87-93
floydg

Post by floydg »

ORIGINAL: Knavey

Got all of those.

When I had the original turn loaded, it was turn 666. We redid the turn, I deleted those files, and it showed 666 loaded at the bottom of the Tracker screen but it did not have any data in it. When I tried to load the turn, it gave the message turn already loaded.

I moved to the next turn, and it shows turn 667 loaded at the bottom of the screen, but no data for 667. It also gives me the message the turn is already loaded if I try to load it.

Were there any error messages in the DOS command window?
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

I routinely delete the Tracker files and start over, every few months of game time when the database gets too full and load times begin to climb geometrically.

But, once or twice in the distant past I had encountered some sort of Tracker error or other and Tracker had not exited gracefully. In those cases there were more than just the four files I named left on disk. I forget if there were two more or only one more or whatever. IIRC they are also named "trackerdb." + whatever. You need to delete them too. Floyd can tell you better what they are called and how many there are, but I remembered that and thought I would jump in.
floydg

Post by floydg »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

I routinely delete the Tracker files and start over, every few months of game time when the database gets too full and load times begin to climb geometrically.

But, once or twice in the distant past I had encountered some sort of Tracker error or other and Tracker had not exited gracefully. In those cases there were more than just the four files I named left on disk. I forget if there were two more or only one more or whatever. IIRC they are also named "trackerdb." + whatever. You need to delete them too. Floyd can tell you better what they are called and how many there are, but I remembered that and thought I would jump in.

There could be up to six files. In addition to the list above: a .lck file and a .log file. The .lck could prevent the program from starting at all ("database is in use"-type messages), but the .log should be harmless.
Knavey

Post by Knavey »

Don't have either of those files in my list of files.

Does it only read the file you set it to (0012 in my case) or does it read the 001 file or any of the text files created? Could those be an issue if it does?
x-Nuc twidget
CVN-71
USN 87-93
Knavey

Post by Knavey »

Got all of those.

No error messages in the DOS window.
x-Nuc twidget
CVN-71
USN 87-93
floydg

Post by floydg »

Don't have either of those files in my list of files.

Does it only read the file you set it to (0012 in my case) or does it read the 001 file or any of the text files created? Could those be an issue if it does?

It will read the save file you define in the location you define in the SaveMode of the witptracker.properties.
It will also read sigint text files.
Check out the explanations in the witptracker site.
floydg

Post by floydg »

Got all of those.

No error messages in the DOS window.

Did you at least see stuff like "Initializing WitPTracker AE database" and/or "WitPTracker AE tables loaded in x seconds"?

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”