Very strange audio bug

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Nightghost107

Very strange audio bug

Post by Nightghost107 »

It's very difficult to have a save or screenshot of this bug due to the fact that it has to do with the audio. It's nothing gamebreaking but after playing the game for about five to ten minutes the sounds will suddenly stop if I were to click on a tab like the research tap no beeping sound would play and the music all but disappears. The only functioning sounds are the pop-up message beeps and the ships and building sounds at a spaceport. I would really like some help with this annoying bug please. Thanks for all you guys' help! Ps the sound will comeback if I close the game and start it all up again but then crash around the same time and I don't think it has anything to do with my soundcard.
HariSeldon

RE: Very strange audio bug

Post by HariSeldon »

Maybe corrupted audio files.

Did you try to reinstall the game ?
Hari
Nightghost107

Post by Nightghost107 »

No but I will try that and let you know what happens thanks for the reply!
Kylan

Post by Kylan »

I reported this same issue back in 1.9.0.5 and it still exists today. I've done a fresh reinstall of the game and that didn't work. Hopefully they will figure it out someday.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Could anyone experiencing this please post a DxDiag file for us? First thing to check would be your sound drivers, to make sure they are up to date.

Second question would be whether you are running on desktop or laptop systems that have some kind of timed power management that could affect the sound or other resources for the game.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Nightghost107

Post by Nightghost107 »

I'm playing the game on a desktop. It has good ram but the video card is not that strong but distant worlds isn't a graphically intensive game. I'm pretty sure my drivers are up to date and I'm sorry but I have no clue how to find or post a DxDiag file for you or I would instantly because I love this game soooo much but not having sounds kind of sucks! Thanks for your posts guys hope to hear back from you.
Nightghost107

Post by Nightghost107 »

Just tried playing on the new version and it still did the same thing. This is so frustrating I love this game and forked over 80 dollars for it. And I cant even play with sound. I really want some help resolving this issue please respond if you are reading this and have any idea what the problem is.
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

ORIGINAL: Nightghost107

I'm playing the game on a desktop. It has good ram but the video card is not that strong but distant worlds isn't a graphically intensive game. I'm pretty sure my drivers are up to date and I'm sorry but I have no clue how to find or post a DxDiag file for you or I would instantly because I love this game soooo much but not having sounds kind of sucks! Thanks for your posts guys hope to hear back from you.
Hello Nightghost107, sorry to hear you're having problems.
Please upload your DxDiag file so support can look at it.
Follow the instructions here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2413997

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
Nightghost107

Post by Nightghost107 »

I have the dxdiag it should be attached to this thread. Thanks for your help and I hope someone can make some sense out of it.
Attachments
DxDiag Dis..worlds 1.txt
(31.28 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
Darkspire

Post by Darkspire »

ORIGINAL: Nightghost107

I have the dxdiag just don't know how to post it sorry don't normally have to use support threads

Click on reply, in the box that comes up to the left and below the white text box you will see 'Click here to upload'. Attach the txt file there type your post and click ok.

Darkspire
Nightghost107

Post by Nightghost107 »

Thanks for the reply I added it to my previous post you can check it out there thanks!
Nightghost107

Post by Nightghost107 »

Well darn. Thought it had been fixed but it happened again today all the sounds just cut out except for beeping and ship or space station related sounds. It's so weird. At least it's not gamebreaking all I have to do is close out and start up again. Still annoying though. Any ideas guys?[&:]

Return to “Tech Support”