Check in

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

sweeteye

Check in

Post by sweeteye »

Thought I would make a post since I was here collecting my old scenarios to play a bit. Tried to get the old 4.2.248 update but was unable to get download it. Page was unavailable. Downloaded the latest update from May of this year (I believe). Updates are really frustrating for me as it puts my work out of commission. Anyways, as the summer fades and fall arrives I may get better updated with the game and attempt some new scenarios. Have to go as the library is closing.... still no home internet connection...will check back soon.....cheers
Headquarters Company
422nd Regiment 106th Division
Sons of World War II Veterans

Arjuna

RE: Check in

Post by Arjuna »

sweeteye,

Have you developed some scenarios you are trying to run with the latest build? If so, you should be able to open them in the ScenMaker. It should automatically convert on load. This can take a few minutes. Then you should be able to do a save as. They should then work fine in the latest version of the engine. If this doesn't work, please let me know.

Just a thought...we're these scenarios you did for BFTB or COTA?
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
jimcarravall

Post by jimcarravall »

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

sweeteye,

Have you developed some scenarios you are trying to run with the latest build? If so, you should be able to open them in the ScenMaker. It should automatically convert on load. This can take a few minutes. Then you should be able to do a save as. They should then work fine in the latest version of the engine. If this doesn't work, please let me know.

Just a thought...we're these scenarios you did for BFTB or COTA?

Since Sweeteye indicated his internet access is limited, here's some information:

http://683605230857629878.weebly.com/#/

I see an Omaha Beach scenario and a couple from the Lorraine Campaign.

I found them on the Matrix site when I first got BftB, and have played all, though not with the latest patches.

Can send you what I downloaded offline if you'd like.
Take care,

jim
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

I just ran the Omaha Beach scenario designed for build 248 and it worked straight away with build 264 (the latest build). Have not checked the other scenarios yet.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
GBS

Post by GBS »

I would like to try the scenarios but can find the download link. Can someone help?
"It is well War is so terrible lest we grow fond of it." -
R. E. Lee

"War..god help me, I love it so." - G. Patton
jimcarravall

Post by jimcarravall »

I just ran the Omaha Beach scenario designed for build 248 and it worked straight away with build 264 (the latest build). Have not checked the other scenarios yet.

They loaded and were ready to play when I tried them.
Take care,

jim
jimcarravall

Post by jimcarravall »

ORIGINAL: GBS

I would like to try the scenarios but can find the download link. Can someone help?

Check your private messages for the zipped file.
Take care,

jim
sweeteye

Post by sweeteye »

hello folks, I was pleased to find out my scenarios are working good with the latest patch...The scenarios are for Battles from the Bulge.....I just finished playing Omaha beach as the Germans...I scored a huge victory with out hardly even putting in any input,other than moving in a few reinforcements to some areas under heavy pressure...this makes me think the scenario is best played as the Americans as I remember having a much better game as the Americans when I was testing the scenario out.I just started the Nancy scenario today as the Americans.....Had an idea today for developing a few hypothetical maps which perhaps players could use for practicing creating scenarios or for just playing around with some of their own created scenarios.Would not be too time consuming to create the maps....Weather is too nice for me to be on the PC too much....(Just took up golfing as a new sport and hobby and we are having some pretty nice weather...)....I got very sick in January and ended up in trouble and was in the hospital and detained for several months....Am feeling much better now thankfully....Good to be back on the forum a bit....Have a good day.......
Headquarters Company

decaro

Post by decaro »

I just ran the Omaha Beach scenario ...

I wasn't even aware of these scenarios; what's the story on them?
Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.[center]Image[/center]
[center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II
jimcarravall

Post by jimcarravall »

ORIGINAL: Joe D.

I just ran the Omaha Beach scenario ...

I wasn't even aware of these scenarios; what's the story on them?

They were scenarios apparently designed by Sweeteye using the initially released BftB engine.

You might still find the uploaded file attachments in older (2010 or earlier timeframe) discussions under Mods and Scenarios. Search on Omaha, Lorraine or Nancy, and Stabilizing the Front or XXII Corps. There were two versions of the Nancy scenario and at least two of Stabilizing the Front.

There was also an interesting scenario, though not designed by Sweeteye. It was called St. Lo for that same region.
Take care,

jim
sweeteye

Post by sweeteye »

I designed some scenarios a couple of years ago.... most seem to be working with the latest updates.....do not have much time to explain as I am on an internet time limit at the local library......will have home internet again in a few days which will make it much easier to communicate....
Headquarters Company

Return to “Command Ops Series”