The 2x morale bug, not MT's misguided failure of a test

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Peltonx

The 2x morale bug, not MT's misguided failure of a test

Post by Peltonx »

Ok MT when you do a test remove the I hate Pelton feelings and do the test completely.
test.

Ok SU's in each division. ALL test are with 90 morale divisions. Morale setting 100

Each battle, this is per divisions net gains there were allot of 0 gains I only list the gains.

No SU's attached

Can MT do anything right?

Not sure what is causing the 2 morale pts per win without or without su attached, but it has nothing to do with anyone exploiting the system kiddies.

ALSO Russian fan boys it works for Corp !!!!

More data MT and less hate and you might get it right next time around.

Hopefully one of the 3 amigos can find the bug.

Attachments
AGN.jpg
AGN.jpg (191.58 KiB) Viewed 85 times
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Peltonx

RE: The 2x morale bug, not MT's misguided failure of a test

Post by Peltonx »

Did more tests and same results.

Attachments
AGC.jpg
AGC.jpg (121.2 KiB) Viewed 85 times
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: Michael T

After reading Pelton's posts about his 'king of morale' BS I thought how can he be getting so may guys to the 90's in morale without using a 101 morale boost.
So testing began and I have discovered a bug. I am guessing Pelton has known about it for some time.

Normally a unit will be hard pressed to gain morale much past the low 90's for regular Pz truppen or beyond 85 for regular ID. I know this as I have played the game for over 2.5 years. But I had noticed some units that fit the above critera get up to 94 or 95 morale. Why? Peltons BS provided the motivation to investigate.

The first clue was his screenie that showed his 1st Pz XX at 98 morale with 64 wins. I thought how do you get 64 wins under normal game conditions? It seems impossible. Well after much time wasted that I have very little of I discovered his exploit.

If you assign a SU to a XX, any XX, when that XX wins a battle it gets credited with 2 victories rather than 1. So assign a SU to as many XX's as you can and you double the chances of morale increases by getting 2 wins for 1. Nice one Pelton.

That is what he calls farming morale. I call it a exploit that goes beyond acceptance.

This is a bug. Please fix 2by3.

Seeing you are 100% wrong and said I was full of BS and was exploiting I would like an

apology.

MT when your wrong you are wrong own up to it.

I have no idea why you have all the hate for me, but your making yourself look silly at best.

The bug as I have found out has nothing to do with SU attachment and is not an exploit of any kind.
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
morvael

Post by morvael »

Are you talking about something other than this SU bug and morale 101 bug? If so, you should reveal it, to help fix it and make a better game.
SigUp

Post by SigUp »

I think Pelton is saying that for units above NM the increase of morale after a won battle is 1 point at most. But the manual at least doesn't specify anything in that regard.
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

No the morale gains at settings 100( for a won battle) is 2,2,2,2,1 with no SU's attached

90 morale unit. Other units do same thing.

Most time units are getting 2 morale pts per win when they get a win above or below the NM lvl.

80% of the time a unit gets 2 pts per win and not 1

Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: morvael

Are you talking about something other than this SU bug and morale 101 bug? If so, you should reveal it, to help fix it and make a better game.

THERE IS NO SU BUG. for GHC divisions, mybee the SHC Corps, but I would recheck your data and run tests without SU's attached. Check every battle

German Units are getting 2 pts of morale per win with out any SU's attached to unit
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

I ran a test at 105 settings and the gains are 1,1,1,1,1,1,3,1,2,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,,3

But they happen 50% of the time, 100 is about 15% of the time.

Not sure why 105 is more in line with rules and 100 is giving out 2 pts most times
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: SigUp

I think Pelton is saying that for units above NM the increase of morale after a won battle is 1 point at most. But the manual at least doesn't specify anything in that regard.

Wrong I am saying its 2 most of the time.
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
SigUp

Post by SigUp »

There is a SU bug, it is just not related to morale. If what morvael said holds true, that this victory count bug reduces the number of battles a Soviet corps equipped with SUs needs to achieve Guards status, then it needs to be corrected.
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

There is a SU bug, it is just not related to morale. If what morvael said holds true, that this victory count bug reduces the number of battles a Soviet corps equipped with SUs needs to achieve Guards status, then it needs to be corrected.

I would have morvael check his data because I believe that the SHC units do not need to have any SU's attached.

The German divisions do not have any SU's attached and are gaining 2 pts of morale per win.
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
SigUp

Post by SigUp »

Why morale, I think Soviet Guards creation is dependent on the number of wins scored. As has been proven, attaching a SU to a German division / Soviet corps leads to 2 wins in the wins column for one won battle. It has to be checked whether this reduces the number of wins / battles needed for a corps to achieve Guards status.
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

Why morale, I think Soviet Guards creation is dependent on the number of wins scored. As has been proven, attaching a SU to a German division / Soviet corps leads to 2 wins in the wins column for one won battle. It has to be checked whether this reduces the number of wins / battles needed for a corps to achieve Guards status.

Not true at all for GHC units look at the screen shot

There is NO repeat NO SU's attached to GHC units and they are gain 2 points of morale per win.

They are not getting 2 wins but 2 morale pts per win

There might be an SU bug/win bug with SHC Corps, but there is no such bug with GHC divisions because units are gaining 2 pts of morale per win listed.

21st divisions no SU's 1-0 and it gained 2 pts of morale

Attachments
AGC.jpg
AGC.jpg (121.2 KiB) Viewed 85 times
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
SigUp

Post by SigUp »

Um, check again. Attach a SU to a combat unit and win a battle. The wins column in the Commander's Report will show 2 wins, instead of 1. We are NOT talking about morale here.
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

Um, check again. Attach a SU to a combat unit and win a battle. The wins column in the Commander's Report will show 2 wins, instead of 1. We are NOT talking about morale here.

Your wrong the 11th gained 2 pts and only got credit for 2 wins, but your right about the wins being 2x

There are 2 bugs going on.

The 2x wins and a 2 morale pts per win with or without SU's attached

The 2 morale pts per win is a far far bigger bug then the 2x wins for guards.

MORALE IS KING not guards, its the morale of all units that being effected by 2x morale bug.

Attachments
90.jpg
90.jpg (123.31 KiB) Viewed 85 times
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

So if SHC units have SU'c attached and gain morale they get credit for 1 win, BUT if the win and do not gain morale the get 2 wins

2 bugs that really snow ball SHC morale.
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

Ran another one same 2 bugs

Bug 1. German units gain 2 wins if and SU is attached and 2 morale points

Bug 2. German units gain 1 win and 2 morale if no SU's are attached.

Can you guys check the SHC units and see if they have the same 2x morale issue per win with out SU attached?

Attachments
AGS.jpg
AGS.jpg (122.27 KiB) Viewed 85 times
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

Again NO su in unit 90 morale 100 morale setting.

2 pts of morale gained for 1 win.

Attachments
90.jpg
90.jpg (206.38 KiB) Viewed 85 times
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

Again NO su in unit 90 morale 100 morale setting.

2 pts of morale gained for 1 win.

Attachments
AGN.jpg
AGN.jpg (127.93 KiB) Viewed 85 times
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

2 bugs that would blow up SHC morale in 43.

Ok clearing this up there are 2 bugs.

1. 1 win = 2 wins and 2 pts of morale if you have a SU in the Corp or division. Guards bug

2. 1 win = 1 win and 2 pts of morale with out an SU in the Corp or division. 2x morale bug
Beta Tester WitW & WitE

Return to “Tech Support”