Silver Mist

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies and ship designs with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

eolivas

Silver Mist

Post by eolivas »

how do I get rid of Silver Mist? it destroys my colonies.
ernest olivas
KAHUNA

RE: Silver Mist

Post by KAHUNA »

Arm your ships/bases with Ion cannons and fighters.
turtlefang

Post by turtlefang »

Fighters and ION cannons are weapons optimized to kill it.

But if you don't have them or haven't build ships with them, go in with a lot of the biggest ships you have and take your lumps.

The damn things need to be killed on sight. All they do is get bigger and meaner the longer you leave them alone.

If you have enough ships and enough firepower you can kill them. If it is a small one, ten or so ships destroyer size or larger will do it. A big one going to take a lot more ships and a lot bigger ships. And the more ships and bases the silvermist destroy, the bigger it gets.

So if you wait, what your really doing is hoping it heads toward someone else and not you.
scotten_usa

Post by scotten_usa »

I love the challenge of the Silvermist! I think they got nerfed in a patch, but in 1 game the AI empires could NOT deal with them, and I ended up fighting 15-20 very strong clouds.
KAHUNA

Post by KAHUNA »

My standard ship/Starbase/mining stations/Spaceports will always sport 2 ion cannons[just in case cloud company drops by[:)]] I've not ever had any problems with them.
I'l add one Ion cannon to my mining ships as well as to my freighters.Since they are non warships they at least have a shot at whatever is bothering them before they flee.
turtlefang

Post by turtlefang »

Have to admit I just don't worry that much about them. I try to kill them ASAP. And if a big one shows up, it is usually late enough in the game that I can mass enough firepower to kill it.

Small colonies are the one's most at risk, as are mining stations. I just haven't built anything big enough to stop or kill one that comes in fast unless a fleet is nearby.

As for freighters, I tend to research missiles (at least right now) to the end of the tech tree. So I stick a missile on board each civilian ship and hope it stings whatever attacks my freighter. I doubt it makes any difference, but it makes me feel better.

Return to “The War Room”