Always Amazed at the Commander's Report

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

fbs

Always Amazed at the Commander's Report

Post by fbs »

Whoever thought of this report, he had a brilliant idea. I love the Commander's Report - just now, after playing the game for much time, I noticed that it for example lists how many 152mm ML-20 Howitzers (or 45mm AT guns) I have in all units. That's superb information.

This must be the most useful and excellently developed report ever created in the whole history of wargaming.

Now, if only we had a combat log to go with this superb report, you wouldn't believe how happy I would be.
Joel Billings

RE: Always Amazed at the Commander's Report

Post by Joel Billings »

You can thank Pavel Zagzin (Helpless) for this. It was totally his creation. I am still amazed at how much info you can get from this screen and how much you can do quickly from this screen in the way of changing unit settings, etc. Since it came in after I had been playing the game for awhile, I didn't realize just how much was there until I started testing the various scenarios in Don to the Danube. Anyone that is playing WitE for any serious length of time should check out this screen.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”