Speaking of Mods....

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Larsenex

Speaking of Mods....

Post by Larsenex »

Greetings again. I am completely updated and want to know what mods you, the community are playing with (if any at all).

There was one way back that seems to have been incorporated into Shadows. Its just a skin and is very appealing.

Anyone got mods that change tech trees or AI behavior?

Thanks!
Go for the Eyes Boo!

Intel 8700K Oc'd to 4.8ghz
32 gigs ram
GTX 1070 w/ 6gigs ram.
Using a cache drive from intel with a 60gig flash & 1 terrabyt hd accelerated.
elanaagain

RE: Speaking of Mods....

Post by elanaagain »

URL for list of currently shadows compatible DW mods. tm.asp?m=3336602
USA = Corporatist Serfdom of America: free range surf technology
Fenrisfil

RE: Speaking of Mods....

Post by Fenrisfil »

I am playing with my own custom mod which adds in 34 races from various sci-fi's. I may release it at some point, but it needs tweaking and some bits need some polish. Playing with all the races set to random and pre-warp is certainly an experience (especially if you get one of the weaker races as your own).

At the moment it's not possible to mod the tech trees. AI Behaviour can be tweaked via policies, race files and design templates but that can only do so much. However there was mention that the next expansion for the game would be very mod friendly so perhaps messing with the tech tree and further AI tweaking will be something we'll see in the future. Who knows.
AMD Phenom II X4 3.2ghz, 16gb ram, 64bit Windows 7, Radeon HD6900.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”