Accelerated CVs and Airgroups (No Khyberbill Please)

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Icedawg

Accelerated CVs and Airgroups (No Khyberbill Please)

Post by Icedawg »

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I have CVL Ryuho set to enter play in one more turn (November 24th 1942). However, her airgroups are not scheduled to arrive for almost a year (November 1st 1943). Is this a bug? Shouldn't the airgroups arrive with the ship? If they don't, what's the point in accelerating CVs/CVLs?
Lokasenna

RE: Accelerated CVs and Airgroups (No Khyberbill Please)

Post by Lokasenna »

Ryuho is the only one for which this occurs. I don't know if this is intended or a bug.

The other CVs/CVL arrive with their organic groups, and whatever models are designated (it seems that quite often you get a "future" model, especially on the later Unryus).
Icedawg

Post by Icedawg »

Thanks for putting my mind at ease. I was beginning to panic there! As long as it's just the Ryuho, I think I can live with it.
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: Icedawg

I have CVL Ryuho set to enter play in one more turn (November 24th 1942). However, her airgroups are not scheduled to arrive for almost a year (November 1st 1943). Is this a bug? Shouldn't the airgroups arrive with the ship? If they don't, what's the point in accelerating CVs/CVLs?

THanks for spotting that, I hadn't. The air groups arive in 10 days supposedly on the CV but the CV has other groups on it at the moment and is in a TF in the South Seas. Think I'll send her back to Truk and unload.
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: Icedawg

Thanks for putting my mind at ease. I was beginning to panic there! As long as it's just the Ryuho, I think I can live with it.

I just put a sunk CVE's groups on there, and added a fragment of a HI A6M squad. I'll actually receive the Ryuho's groups soon so I guess I'll have an extra carrier trained Zero unit after that, which is always nice.

Tangent: Does anybody know if rebuilt squadrons (if you lost them on board the CV when it went down) come back Carrier Trained?
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

Yes they do. [:)]

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”