Future of this Game and Possible Expansion

This exciting new release is a faithful adaptation of the renowned Conflict of Heroes board game that won the Origins Historical Game of the Year, Charles Roberts Wargame of the Year and the James F. Dunnigan Design Elegance Award, as well as many others!

Designed and developed in cooperation with Uwe Eickert, the original designer of Conflict of Heroes, and Western Civlization Software, the award-winning computer wargame studio, no effort has been spared to bring the outstanding Conflict of Heroes gameplay to the computer. Conflict of Heroes includes an AI opponent as well as full multiplayer support with an integrated forum and game lobby. To remain true to the core gameplay of the board game, the PC version is designed to be fun, fast and easy to play, though hard to master. The game design is also historically accurate and teaches and rewards platoon and company-level combined arms tactics without overwhelming the player with rules.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

jchron2

Future of this Game and Possible Expansion

Post by jchron2 »

Is this game doing well enough that there will be further significant expansion beyond Ghost
Divisions and Storms of Steel? Its hard to imagine The Eastern Front without additional units, Stalingrad and the Battles of 1944 and 45. I'm trying to decide what is the better use of my money...COH and its future expansions or the Squad Battles series that covers the Eastern Front.
z1812

RE: Future of this Game and Possible Expansion

Post by z1812 »

I have Conflict of Heroes as well as many of the Tiller Squad Battles series. I always have an Advance of the Reich PBEM on the go. I enjoy both games enough that I have made mods for both of them. However I play AOTR constantly because of the play by email option.

Jamm

Post by Jamm »

Storms of Steel will add many more units to the game which will make late war scenario design doable.
You can check out the Academy Games website to see how the boardgame is developing. Uwe is working on a Stalingrad game for the system.
I'm hoping the game is supported enough by players for WCS to keep expanding this excellent series.
When the going gets weird,... the weird turn pro
Hunter S Thompson

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jamm-wor ... =bookmarks
Richie61

Post by Richie61 »

ORIGINAL: z1812

I have Conflict of Heroes as well as many of the Tiller Squad Battles series. I always have an Advance of the Reich PBEM on the go. I enjoy both games enough that I have made mods for both of them. However I play AOTR constantly because of the play by email option.

We should do a PBEM AotR scenario sometime [:D]
To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

Sun Tzu

z1812

Post by z1812 »

ORIGINAL: Richie61

ORIGINAL: z1812

We should do a PBEM AotR scenario sometime [:D]

I have sent you a PM.
wodin

Post by wodin »

I wonder of they will update the graphics to the current 2nd edition which looks amazing..
tsnouffer

Post by tsnouffer »

Aren't the maps already the 2nd ed maps? What else is there?

Games from the Front
wodin

Post by wodin »

The 2nd edition has just come out..so no they aren't 2nd edition maps..The artwork has been revamped.
tsnouffer

Post by tsnouffer »

Are you sure about that?

Here's a shot of the physical board 1st (on right) vs. 2nd ed board (on left) #4:

Here's a png in the maps folder from the PC game:

Note the faux wood tabletop border that the PC game uses. The hills are a giveaway to start. I'd do it live in game, but it crashes on launch (time for an update?).

I don't think the PC game ever had 1st ed maps.

Unless we're talking about something else (and the my apologies) I think they've always been there.

Cheers

Games from the Front
wodin

Post by wodin »

I stand corrected..sorry;)
tsnouffer

Post by tsnouffer »

No worries.

Now if we could get an online community going for th game, all would be right with the world.

Games from the Front
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

The 2nd edition maps for the board game were finished a long time ago. We didn't have to wait for the 2nd edition game to be released before getting copies of them. [:)]

The guy who did the artwork for those maps, Patrick Ward, also did the scenery artwork for the computer (for the 3D maps).
Ratzki

Post by Ratzki »

ORIGINAL: ericbabe

The 2nd edition maps for the board game were finished a long time ago. We didn't have to wait for the 2nd edition game to be released before getting copies of them. [:)]
Now if we could jsut get the 2nd ed. units for AtB.
I know it's a dead horse at the moment, just could not pass up the chance to give it a little kick on the way by.[;)]

Return to “Conflict of Heroes Series”