Wellington GR VIII

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

guytipton41

Wellington GR VIII

Post by guytipton41 »

Hi Folks,

Scenario 1, PDU Off.

It's July 1943 in a PBEM GC and I was using Tracker to search for a unit to upgrade to the Wellington GR VIII - but nothing shows up. Then I looked through the list of reinforcements and don't see any unit that come in to use them. Did I mess up in a upgrade path or something?

Cheers,
Guy

edit: Changed GR VII to GR VIII to match title.
moonraker65

RE: Wellington GR VIII

Post by moonraker65 »

Should be Hudson IIIa I think. As they are ASW aircraft you may have a choice what units upgrade to these. My usual path is Hudson IIIa - Wellington GR VIII - Wellington GR XIII - Liberator GR III - Liberator GR VI

Sometimes you will see a few squadrons arriving at Aden already equipped with Hudson IIIa's. Not many I think 2 or 3 max. These are the ones that should upgrade to Wellington GR VIII and then as stated in the above upgrade path. But I usually change at least 2 of the Blenheim IV squadrons to Hudson IIIa once they arrive in India for extra cover against Jap subs if they take Burma early.
intel i9 13900k 128 GB RAM, RTX 4070 ti GFx card
jcjordan

RE: Wellington GR VIII

Post by jcjordan »

Offhand, with PDU off, I'm not sure anything upgrades to them but it's be a while since I was in that time frame of the game & many changes have taken place. Look to see if there's anything that upgrades to a later form like moonraker listed & you might be able to retrograde.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”