Bring me the head of Diego Garcia...and the Mayor of Addu Atoll too!

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Cap Mandrake

RE: Wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (57.6 KiB) Viewed 166 times
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Oh Doug...those wrinkled trousers...
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

**********Milo's Breastaurant, Batangas************

Lt. General Kreuger, 6th Army: The General wants to you keep Mr. Curtin "busy" <makes air quotes>

Man in fine linen slacks: General, I'm afraid you will need to be a bit more precise. What exactly does "busy" mean?

Lt. General Kreuger, 6th Army: Well...you know. <turns red>

Man in fine linen slacks: General, what kind of establishment do you think this is? <pauses to enjoy the General's discomfort>.....How long?
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

**********Milo's Breastaurant, Batangas************

PFC Guthrie: <sitting at bar enjoying deep fried mozzarella, absorbing the unregulated flow of the free market with no small degree of awe..he scribbles on his napkin>

"You can get anything you want at Milo's Breastaurant." HEY! That's pretty good!
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

This from the local San Francisco Fox affiliate regarding the identity of the pilots of the Asiana flight. I thought of you, Cap'n. [:D]

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=563_1373664708

SPOILER ALERT::::

"Sum Ting Wong" is *not* the name of one of the pilots. They got pranked by one of the local radio stations in a terribly classless, base and horrible manner. I laughed my arse off.
zuluhour

Post by zuluhour »

talk about checking your sources!!
sprior

Post by sprior »

I was having a really good evening. Got home, got changed into some shorts for the evening, found £10 crumpled in the pocket!

Went to a proms concert at the local cricket ground with a picnic and a few cold tinnies. Life couldn't be better.

Get an email from my long time friend and wargaming buddy (we've known each other for 30 years). Ooh, my turn! No, he tells me he had a seizure at work and has been diagnosed with a brain tumour. He's a doctor and he tells me they think it's non-malignant and seems fairly sanguine about it but the scab lifters are going in Monday to remove it. Spare a thought for him and his family as you go about your business on Monday. Cheers.
"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

sprior

Post by sprior »

Over the last month, I have foolishly become a victim of a clever Eastern European scam whilst out shopping. Simply dropping into Asda for a bit of shopping turned out to be quite an experience. Don't be naive enough to think it couldn't happen to you or your friends.

Here's how the scam works.

Two seriously good-looking and voluptuous 20 year-old girls come over to your car as you are packing your shopping into the boot. They both start cleaning your windscreen, their breasts almost falling out of their skimpy T-shirts. When you thank them and offer them a tip, they'll say 'No' and instead ask you for a lift to the town centre.

You agree and they both get in the back seat. On the way, they start undressing each other until both are completely naked. Then, when you pull over to remonstrate, one of them climbs over into the front seat and starts crawling all over your lap, kissing you, touching you and thrusting herself against you while the other one steals your wallet.

I had my wallet stolen on June 4th, 9th, 10th, twice on the 15th, 17th, 20th, 24th and 29th. It also happened on July 1st, 4th, 6th and twice yesterday. So, please warn everyone you know to be on the lookout for this scam. The best times seem to be just before lunch and about 1630 in the afternoon.

Be warned !
"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

zuluhour

Post by zuluhour »

[:D][:D][:D][:D]
Itdepends

Post by Itdepends »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
This from the local San Francisco Fox affiliate regarding the identity of the pilots of the Asiana flight. I thought of you, Cap'n. [:D]
People in glass houses....... note the text on the Live Leak website
"A KTVU anchor later apologized for the error. She said that the names
were inaccurate in spite of the fact that a National Transpiration
Safety Board spokesperson confirming them."

You really need to watch those indoor plants- you turn your back on them and the next thing you know they're transpiring everywhere.
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=563_1373664708

SPOILER ALERT::::

"Sum Ting Wong" is *not* the name of one of the pilots. They got pranked by one of the local radio stations in a terribly classless, base and horrible manner. I laughed my arse off.

Gentlemen;

Can we please display at least a modicum of geographical and cultural literacy? "Sum Ting Wong" is a made up Korean name. "Wong" is a common Chinese name and "dim sum" is something you order at a Vietnamese restaurant but I don't think any Korean airline pilots are going to be called "Wong". Also "We Tu Lo" also seems to be a hybrid Vietnamese/Chinese name. Of course, they are funnier than Hell, but we are better than that, right?

Also, this childish mocking of the ability to pronounce the "r" sound has to stop.
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

ORIGINAL: sprior

Over the last month, I have foolishly become a victim of a clever Eastern European scam whilst out shopping. Simply dropping into Asda for a bit of shopping turned out to be quite an experience. Don't be naive enough to think it couldn't happen to you or your friends.

Two seriously good-looking and voluptuous 20 year-old girls come over to your car as you are packing your shopping into the boot. They both start cleaning your windscreen, their breasts almost falling out of their skimpy T-shirts. When you thank them and offer them a tip, they'll say 'No' and instead ask you for a lift to the town centre.

You agree and they both get in the back seat. On the way, they start undressing each other until both are completely naked. Then, when you pull over to remonstrate, one of them climbs over into the front seat and starts crawling all over your lap, kissing you, touching you and thrusting herself against you while the other one steals your wallet.

I had my wallet stolen on June 4th, 9th, 10th, twice on the 15th, 17th, 20th, 24th and 29th. It also happened on July 1st, 4th, 6th and twice yesterday. So, please warn everyone you know to be on the lookout for this scam. The best times seem to be just before lunch and about 1630 in the afternoon.

Be warned !

Ukrainians, right!? Sorry to hear about the unwanted thrusting you were subjected to. Sirens they were, Ukrainian sirens. Try some herbal tea and some meditation to ease your recovery.
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

I was having a really good evening. Got home, got changed into some shorts for the evening, found £10 crumpled in the pocket!

Went to a proms concert at the local cricket ground with a picnic and a few cold tinnies. Life couldn't be better.

Get an email from my long time friend and wargaming buddy (we've known each other for 30 years). Ooh, my turn! No, he tells me he had a seizure at work and has been diagnosed with a brain tumour. He's a doctor and he tells me they think it's non-malignant and seems fairly sanguine about it but the scab lifters are going in Monday to remove it. Spare a thought for him and his family as you go about your business on Monday. Cheers.

Sorry to hear about your compadre. Seems to be way too much confronting of mortality around here too. I will say a couple of Hail Mary's for him (once I look up the words again). 30 years predates computers (mostly).
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

Sorry to hear about your compadre. Seems to be way too much confronting of mortality around here too. I will say a couple of Hail Mary's for him (once I look up the words again). 30 years predates computers (mostly).
+1. Best luck for your friend, Simon.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

Be warned !

Ukrainians, right!? Sorry to hear about the unwanted thrusting you were subjected to. Sirens they were, Ukrainian sirens. Try some herbal tea and some meditation to ease your recovery.
Those dates have some gaps in them - glad to see you were pacing yourself and not taking a chance on wearing out essential equipment such as ... umm ... er ... wallets![;)]
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Disco Duck

Post by Disco Duck »

ORIGINAL: Itdepends
People in glass houses....... note the text on the Live Leak website
"A KTVU anchor later apologized for the error. She said that the names
were inaccurate in spite of the fact that a National Transpiration
Safety Board spokesperson confirming them."

You really need to watch those indoor plants- you turn your back on them and the next thing you know they're transpiring everywhere.

Glass houses right. There is nothing on the site that says it is a Fox affiliate.

As opposed to Fox news here in San Antonio.

http://www.foxsanantonio.com/newsroom/
There is no point in believing in things that exist. -Didactylos
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Hey, if you guys really lose all those troops on Luzon, then maybe you can get some cylons.

http://nextbigfuture.com/2013/07/atlas-darpa-humanoid-robot.html
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

This is what ALSP warned me about. Of course, if the full 7th Aus had landed at Lingayen as ordered in the first place.......I blame the staff.

Every non-restricted bomber not on key ASW duty from Horn Is north is moving to Jolo, Altimonan, Cagayan, Naga, Batangas, San Jose and Lucena to bombard the WJD's at Lingayen and try to save the boys at Iba.

Infantry of 34th IR and 30th NZ Bn will fly in from Batan Is, Vigan and Altimonan. 161st IR is leaving Cagayan today and might make Iba in 2 d. 2nd Br and 8th Aus are about 4 d out. I am toying with the idea of landing one of the Marine Raider Bn at Bataan at Lingayen. This would likely mean the destruction of the Bn but might slow the WJD's. 11K men of 37th ID leaving Manado today on fast APA's, AK's..maybe 4-5 d out.

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (170.8 KiB) Viewed 167 times
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

we are better than that, right?

Why on Earth would you think that? [;)]
Cap Mandrake

Post by Cap Mandrake »

Sweet Baby Jesus that was painful. Every airfield in in the PI packed with planes. C-47's going into and out of Iba. Landing craft and amphibious groups all over the place. Train and funicular schedules to do. Union rules to negotiate. Taxi driver strike. Archbishop of Manira complaining about to much cleavage at local restaurants. B-25's practicing skip-bombing on whales. It just never ends.

And..of course...the fit will hit the shan at Iba soon.

Return to “After Action Reports”