Can't stop mining station auto-retrofitting

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Rand alThor

Can't stop mining station auto-retrofitting

Post by Rand alThor »

Just as the title says, I'm playing a game of DW - Shadows, 1.9.0.8, still stuck in my home system and have only a few mining stations up and running.
The wasted space on the default mining stations from the always included luxury extractors really annoys me so I've created from scratch ('add new') station designs for basic locations and luxury locations for both standard and gas mining.
I accept that this causes problems with automatic retrofitting since the A.I. can't handle more than one design for standard and gas mining so I have (as far as I'm aware) turned off ALL the options for automatic designing/upgrading/retrofitting and yet STILL my stations are automatically retrofitting. This becomes a massive pain when luxury stations retrofit to basic stations.

I've just had this thought so I haven't tested it yet, but could this be happening because when I manually upgrade my station designs (usually do them all at the same time) the old design becomes obsolete and it's this factor that causes all existing stations of that design to auto-retrofit regardless of settings? And it just happens that the next viable station in the list of designs happens to be the wrong one?

I'll try testing this when I get home by leaving my old stations as buildable designs (i.e. not obsolete) and upgrading them myself.

Thanks!

P.S.
On that note, is there a way to search through your stations/ships by design? I have a sinking feeling that this ain't possible.
Watch out for the guns. They'll getcha!
feelotraveller

RE: Can't stop mining station auto-retrofitting

Post by feelotraveller »

For the p.s. try going to ships and bases, mining stations and then sorting by maintenance costs (size might also work). This will group all stations of the same design together, unless by some quirk they cost the same maintenance as another design...

Rand alThor

Post by Rand alThor »

Thanks.

Well, just tested NOT setting the old designs to obsolete and the problem still persists. Balls, this kind of makes the way I play the game, well, unplayable.

And for the record, I saw Starke's thread about this same issue a bit further down the board just after I'd posted so sorry bout that.
feelotraveller

Post by feelotraveller »

It seems that there are unresolved problems even though the developers thought they had fixed this. If you go further down the board Kayoz repeatedly raised this bug (and now it seems the developers need to repeatedly raze the bug [:D], ok enough with the bad puns...) and it was meant to have been fixed in the 1.9.0.7 patch.

You can keep playing though. One way is to obsolete all mining stations (assuming you manually control your constructors) and only unobsolete them, and perhaps even pause the game while doing so. to give the order to build a base or to retrofit one.

Hopefully the bug will soon be fixed and the need for cumbersome workarounds will disappear.
Rand alThor

Post by Rand alThor »

Thanks again.

I JUST had that exact same thought. Great minds, eh? With regards to the cumbersome workaround: ah, sure I'm already playing the game in the most attention demanding way by choice so what are a few more clicks going to matter?
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

We're going to give this another pass in the next update, apologies that the previous updates didn't completely address this.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Starke

Post by Starke »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

We're going to give this another pass in the next update, apologies that the previous updates didn't completely address this.
That is great to hear, thanks. =)
The Distant Worlds sale made my purchase possible. Thank you!

Return to “Tech Support”