looking for a soviet opponent for a 41CG -closed

For non-server PBEM games, post here to look for an opponent.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

mktours

looking for a soviet opponent for a 41CG -closed

Post by mktours »

Hi, I am looking for a soviet opponent for a 41CG (normal setting, full FOW. Intermediate level)

I am a good player in chess and war games but new to this game (but I study the rules well and read the forum quite thoroughly).

I just finished my first 41 CG as German against normal AI and have done an AAR. After that I read several good AAR and have figured out how to do a very good opening turn. So you can expect a pretty good opening from me.

As it is a big campaign, I think we better keep contact with each other, always keep the other being informed of what is up to, when is roughly the next turn would be returned, etc. And last but not least, if you decide to quit in the middle, please at least send me a timely short note before you quit.

I promise I would play to the end, no matter what the result would be. I don’t view this game as something that to decide my IQ( I don’t need to as I am a good chess player), so I am just playing for experiencing the game and learning something, so don’t worry if I would quit in bad situations. If you are better than me, I would do an AAR, instead of run away, :)

I am a serious player and would ponder about every move, so maybe could only do 4 turns a week, but I would always timely inform you what is up to by email.

I have no knowledge of how to game the system, so don’t worry for that, nevertheless I think we have good reasons to follow those veterans’ rule:

No Para drops to break pockets at anytime in the game. No Para missions at all by the Soviets until the first Blizzard.

No bombing of HQ's unless stacked with a ground unit

Only 3 air attacks on city/ports per city per turn.

No-random weather

any suggestions are welcomed and we can discuss it further.

Note: According to my past experience, I would only consider those who reply formally. Anyone who is interested, please reply to this thread.

Kind regards.

edited:
opponent found, closed
darbycmcd

RE: looking for a soviet opponent for a 41CG (Intermediate level)

Post by darbycmcd »

Hi there. I would be interested if you are still open. I like your approach of being in contact, it is a long term commitment and it is more fun to look at it as a shared experience more than cut-throat competition. I like to play in a somewhat historical way, as long as the other side does. In this game that means I would try to put up a forward defense unless you are doing the new panzers via Romania cheese or the crazy airdrop resupply uber-cheese. I am definately not a player who looks for game exploits at any rate.

The HRs are fine. I think the HQ bombing one is sort of strange although common, I mean if you don't want the other player to hit HQs by themselves.... don't leave them by themselves... but I am fine with the HR.

There are a couple players on here that would probably give me a reference if that would help. I have one great game going as the German player and one nice game but very slow as the Russians.

Thanks
Darby
mktours

Post by mktours »

hi, Darbymcd
nice to meet you, i have sent my email address to you and we can discuss it further by email.
ORIGINAL: darbymcd

Hi there. I would be interested if you are still open. I like your approach of being in contact, it is a long term commitment and it is more fun to look at it as a shared experience more than cut-throat competition. I like to play in a somewhat historical way, as long as the other side does. In this game that means I would try to put up a forward defense unless you are doing the new panzers via Romania cheese or the crazy airdrop resupply uber-cheese. I am definately not a player who looks for game exploits at any rate.

The HRs are fine. I think the HQ bombing one is sort of strange although common, I mean if you don't want the other player to hit HQs by themselves.... don't leave them by themselves... but I am fine with the HR.

There are a couple players on here that would probably give me a reference if that would help. I have one great game going as the German player and one nice game but very slow as the Russians.

Thanks
Darby
mktours

Post by mktours »

i could accept no Lvov opening, no romania railing; but would still air-drop supply.
ORIGINAL: darbymcd

Thanks
Darby
mktours

Post by mktours »

i have pm you my email address, please check your pm inbox.
Durgard

Post by Durgard »

Hi

If U find no opponent, I'm ready to positively answer at your call for arms [;)]

I'm from Belgium and have a challenging level as soviet player (I'm really bad with the Germans).

PM me if U're interested.

Have a nice day.
mktours

Post by mktours »

hi, Dudu, i have sent you a pm.[:)]
have a nice day.
ORIGINAL: Dudu

Hi

If U find no opponent, I'm ready to positively answer at your call for arms [;)]

I'm from Belgium and have a challenging level as soviet player (I'm really bad with the Germans).

PM me if U're interested.

Have a nice day.

Return to “Opponents Wanted”