Death on Skyline Drive (No Schanilec)

Post descriptions and reports of your brilliant successes and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderator: Jason Petho

jeffk3510

Death on Skyline Drive (No Schanilec)

Post by jeffk3510 »

Schani and I have been blowing through a lot of scenarios since the Crickets and Echoes AAR.

We went on to play the Burma Road, which the AAR over at the Blitz kinda fizzled out as I stopped updating it...we ran into the last handful of turns, and Marc couldn't ever find the right turn file and we couldn't figure out what turn we were last on...no biggy. I am confident he would have won... I ran out of options and he finally surrounded my troops at the southern bridge all while running a few troops up north to recapture the first north bridge. I don't recall that we ever finished this scenario, but he would have easily won.

We then played another East Front scenario..I don't recall the name (I'll search tonight). It was a Germany/Russian meeting engagement with only armour. I would say it was a small regiment sized game. I lost maybe a few tanks, and Marc didn't have a unit left on the map. It was a small meeting engagement with a small central town/rr junction as the main objective. It was before or after the Battle of Kursk. I ended up taking a good position on a ridge east of town while Marc just ended up getting caught in the valley just before reaching the depot/town. T34s just ate his lunch..very one sided now the more I do think of it.

He did give up a very good fight and was a great sport about it. That is what I love about Marc. The guy is always very cheerful and full of energy in the game. He is also a very good communicater on his availability for a turn. I also dont care about game pace nor does he..we usualy do a turn a day..even though we could almost do a full scenario in a day if we wanted. He never gives away any details when sending the turn to me..I try and do the same. Marc is just a good dude.

We've now decided to play West Front's scenario Death on Skyline Drive. I have the Germans, while he is taking up the Allies (Americans).

From the scenario description- his lines are very thinly held, and I have a big thrust of infantry in the opening stages of the Ardennes Offensive...

It is something like 26 turns, and we're half a dozen in with zero action as I am consolidating my forces. I have only half a dozen infantry platoons on the map, and noticed my reinforcements take forever to show up, so I am just getting into position before I start.

Maps to follow here in a bit...still annoyed by the lack of size of the upload here..blitz is better..but I like the feel of Matrix better for some reason.
Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.

Dez caught it
Warhorse

RE: Death on Skyline Drive (No Schanilec)

Post by Warhorse »

Look forward to it!!
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
jeffk3510

Post by jeffk3510 »

We really need to tell Matrix to allow us up to 1k for a picture..200 is so dumb.

Attachments
turn8.gif
turn8.gif (197.25 KiB) Viewed 222 times

Dez caught it
jeffk3510

Post by jeffk3510 »

2d normal look...cut off the bottom and top of the map to fit...arrg! Doubt there will be any action up there anyways.

As you can see, there are four victory hexes...main goal is to make Marc think my main effort is on his left at the crossroads and then bring the house from the south.

Turn sent. Oh, and the off board arty finally used.. [8|]

Attachments
turn8in2d.gif
turn8in2d.gif (165.29 KiB) Viewed 221 times

Dez caught it
Crossroads

Post by Crossroads »

Cheers, always looking forward to see new AARs [:)]
Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < Available now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 < 3.0 In the works
jeffk3510

Post by jeffk3510 »

ORIGINAL: Crossroads

Cheers, always looking forward to see new AARs [:)]

Thanks..due to zero support from Matrix here I am doing the AAR in the AAR section over at the WiTPAE section.

Dez caught it
jeffk3510

Post by jeffk3510 »

Please follow this AAR over on the WiTPAE forum

tm.asp?m=3364935

Dez caught it

Return to “After Action Reports”