THE THREAD!!!

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Chickenboy

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Schanilec

Good day all. A very sad day here. We mourn the loss of another good friend. A farming accident.[:(]

Bummer. Sorry dude. Combine roll-over?
Apollo11

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: USS America

Hope to find out today if I will be homeless on July 30th or if the purchase of the new house can some way go forward. Appraisal came in pretty far below the contract purchase price. [8|]

Either way, we are moving out of our current house on the 29th and closing on it's sale on the 30th.

Fingers crossed Mike!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
Apollo11

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: Apollo11
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

History made by the USN: First unmanned aircraft (X-47B) just successfully landed on an aircraft carrier underway at sea. [&o]

Sorry, Steve-o: You've been replaced with a circuit board. All hail our new computer overlords.

Hmm... didn't I post whole pictorial about that here few weeks ago?

Yes, Leo, but yesterday was the first CV landing. [:)]

I see...

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
Schanilec

Post by Schanilec »

ORIGINAL: Schanilec

Good day all. A very sad day here. We mourn the loss of another good friend. A farming accident.[:(]

Bummer. Sorry dude. Combine roll-over?
Tractor.
This is one Czech that doesn't bounce.
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Hope to find out today if I will be homeless on July 30th or if the purchase of the new house can some way go forward. Appraisal came in pretty far below the contract purchase price. [8|]

Either way, we are moving out of our current house on the 29th and closing on it's sale on the 30th.

I've never understood why a low appraisal would impact a pending sale at a higher price. So you were offered more than the appraisal? Who cares? Market forces-supply and demand-are at work here, not some formulaic bean-counter's Zillow scoring system. If the buyer wants to spend $500,000 on a house that others think is only worth $400,000, who the hell are we to say otherwise?
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

I've never understood why a low appraisal would impact a pending sale at a higher price. So you were offered more than the appraisal? Who cares? Market forces-supply and demand-are at work here, not some formulaic bean-counter's Zillow scoring system. If the buyer wants to spend $500,000 on a house that others think is only worth $400,000, who the hell are we to say otherwise?

Sorry if I confused, CB. This is the appraisal for the house we are trying to buy. We're using a VA loan and they won't approve a loan for more than the appraisal value.

The deal to sell our current house is in the bank. The last hurdles of repair negotiations are all settled. Just waiting for all the paperwork to close on this one on July 30. Where we tell the movers to take our stuff is up in the air. [:D]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Sorry if I confused, CB. This is the appraisal for the house we are trying to buy. We're using a VA loan and they won't approve a loan for more than the appraisal value.

Ah! So! [&o] Very tricky, Yankee dog!
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

You guys hear about the Brazilian soccer match? This was a regional match in Brazil (two Brazilian teams). Referree red cards a player. Player (offended) makes contact with / strikes the referree. Referree produces a knife (he'd apparently been armed throughout the match) and stabs the player to death on the field. [X(]

Crowd storms the field, grabs the referree and tie him to a post. He's stoned to death, quartered and beheaded. His head placed on a post in the middle of the field by the mob. Hory crap!

Three observations:

1. You Euro types need to study up on your mob violence and soccer hooliganism (I'm talking to you, Denmark). This is nauseatingly impressive hooliganism / mob rule.
2. The World Cup is where next year? Ugh. [:-]
3. Thank goodness we suck at soccer (well, our men, anyways) and are unlikely to challenge the Brazilians for the cup. How'd you like to be the ones to beat the Brazilians with this in the back of your mind? Yeesh...

Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Is it wrong that I really enjoyed this?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=faf_1372283870
Kwik E Mart

Post by Kwik E Mart »

ORIGINAL: Symon

Ok. Expatting to Chile. Always wanted to go there, but Mom was in the background. But she recently took center stage, and so off we go.Yep. it will yake is a few months to get through the US bullshit, but we're outa here. So I'll have a new email, maybe. Anyway, gone and don't give a rat's if I'm forgotten or not. Ciso. Jphn.

...well, i can't speak for the rest of THE THREAD, john, but i'll certainly miss seeing you around here...especially the yummy recipes! please tell me you get to take beaudy the wonder dog with you...[:(]
Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Kwik E Mart

Post by Kwik E Mart »

The deal to sell our current house is in the bank. The last hurdles of repair negotiations are all settled. Just waiting for all the paperwork to close on this one on July 30. Where we tell the movers to take our stuff is up in the air. [:D]

...so the seller accepted your offer without knowing what the appraisal would be or if the loan would be approved? hmmm...BTW, sounds like the VA needs to keep up with the times...how often will a house sell for it's appraisal value or under in this heating up market? [&:]
Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!

Kwik E Mart

Post by Kwik E Mart »

You guys hear about the Brazilian soccer match? This was a regional match in Brazil (two Brazilian teams). Referree red cards a player. Player (offended) makes contact with / strikes the referree. Referree produces a knife (he'd apparently been armed throughout the match) and stabs the player to death on the field. [X(]

Crowd storms the field, grabs the referree and tie him to a post. He's stoned to death, quartered and beheaded. His head placed on a post in the middle of the field by the mob. Hory crap!

Three observations:

1. You Euro types need to study up on your mob violence and soccer hooliganism (I'm talking to you, Denmark). This is nauseatingly impressive hooliganism / mob rule.
3. Thank goodness we suck at soccer (well, our men, anyways) and are unlikely to challenge the Brazilians for the cup. How'd you like to be the ones to beat the Brazilians with this in the back of your mind? Yeesh...

...didn't they play some crazy lacrosse game in the old days in that part of the world where the losing team got sacrificed/eaten by the winning team?

Kwik E Mart

Post by Kwik E Mart »

Three observations:

...ay dios mio!!! WTF?????

there's pictures for those with strong constitution...google "brazil soccer beheading"...EXTREMELY GRAPHIC

Walloc

Post by Walloc »

Stand in crazy dane, at ur service. im sure T will come around soon so i can go back into hiding.

Old news! The newest is 2 soccer matches in Nigeria. 2 teams was competing to advance to a higher League, i know but thats how it is in soccer. Both had same amount of points pre the 2 games, which was the last of the season, so if they both won it was down to differential in goal scoring. After the first half one team was up 9-0 and the other 7-0. At end of 2nd half it was 79-0 and 72-0....... I wonder what the standart rate for match fixing is in Nigeria. 2 village burnings, and 3 foreign oíl workers taken for ransome?
1. You Euro types need to study up on your mob violence and soccer hooliganism (I'm talking to you, Denmark). This is nauseatingly impressive hooliganism / mob rule

Huh? not that i cant find plenty of examples in lower leagues in dk where things get out of hand, by what is considered ordinary human behavior. Still havent heard of any beheadings yet.

And the OG just 2 years after. So u what saying is the new measuring standard wont be WHO won the most medals, but who has the highest survival rate of the teams at the end of the games? [;)]
That said in light of what happend 3-4 weeks ago in Brazil. Well some ppl apprently can be peacefull even in large gathrings, at leased until the police shows up.

Join the Club. So we wont be attending and any how, soccer is boooooooooring, football now thats a game! Ah, just a month and a half until the fun begins.

Kind regards,

Rasmus
Walloc

Post by Walloc »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Second draft of article sent to The Wargamer, now with graphics! Just like a real writer![:D]

You gettin' paid?

Silly CB. Danes dont get payed! they just turn over their income check to the IRS.(skattevæsnet)
Walloc

Post by Walloc »

Good luck, i hope it turns out for the best.

Rasmus
alaviner

Post by alaviner »

Drive by Tithe [&o][&o]

rms1pa

Post by rms1pa »

molly lolly bobolly ;).

rms/pa
there is a technical term for those who confuse the opinions of an author's characters for the opinions of the author.
the term is IDIOT.
Dixie

Post by Dixie »

I finally folded and bought the Steel Wolves boardgame. I managed to get it for just over half price, mainly as something to do when I go down to the Falklands. Plenty of time to play a solitaire wargame whilst I wait for turns etc. Of course, I had to take it for a test run first [:D] After sinking 185,000 tons of shipping in September things have tailed off in October as the boats are now working their way through the dockyards. The result is a poor 8,000 tons sunk in the first two weeks of October [:(]
[center]Image

Bigger boys stole my sig
Grollub

Post by Grollub »

Tithe.

Good evening friends. Back in the northern parts on Sweden. Nice summer here [8D]
“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"

Return to “The War Room”