THE THREAD!!!

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Kwik E Mart

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Kwik E Mart »

...tithe...[&o]
Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Apollo11

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ETA: Your unearthed arcana about BTC (bombing through cloud) and video of declassified training on how to use ground-mapping radar in the B29 was an eye opener for me and made me change my tune about mid-late war night bombing.

Video of Leigh Light airborne ASW attacks on U-boats would also be welcome. [8D]

I don't recall this at all... [&:]

Can you please provide link(s)?

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

ETA: Your unearthed arcana about BTC (bombing through cloud) and video of declassified training on how to use ground-mapping radar in the B29 was an eye opener for me and made me change my tune about mid-late war night bombing.

Video of Leigh Light airborne ASW attacks on U-boats would also be welcome. [8D]

Leo "Apollo11"

Hi Leo,

Steve provided me with some links to some cool primary sources regarding B29 bombing through clouds and radar bombing of targets at night. I'll let him repost as he sees fit.

Regards,

Andre.
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

History made by the USN: First unmanned aircraft (X-47B) just successfully landed on an aircraft carrier underway at sea. [&o]

Sorry, Steve-o: You've been replaced with a circuit board. All hail our new computer overlords.
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

Hi Leo,

Steve provided me with some links to some cool primary sources regarding B29 bombing through clouds and radar bombing of targets at night. I'll let him repost as he sees fit.

Regards,

Andre.

Feel free. I'm a little too rushed right now to find it, it might be weeks till I can get to it.
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

Hi Leo,

Regards,

Andre.
Feel free . It will probably be weeks till I can get to it.
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

History made by the USN: First unmanned aircraft (X-47B) just successfully landed on an aircraft carrier underway at sea. [&o]

Sorry, Steve-o: You've been replaced with a circuit board. All hail our new computer overlords.

1st off, I retired 13 years ago. 2nd (and they already replaced me with 18 year old high school cheerleader!)[X(][:(][:D] , you mean my CHAFFEUR has been replaced by a circuit board. When the electronics can replace someone doing on board analysis , then you are right. (I think that day is coming). Frankly , the only problem I have with drones, is that there is always someone smarter than you who will eventually hack into the system and use it against you.[X(]

This subject always makes me think of the old Chevy Chase movie, "Sale of the Century". "GREAT DAY FOR THE NAVY!" "Why admiral, the Navy didn't buy any"? ""Right, and the Air Force bought 300!". [:D]
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

1st off, I retired 13 years ago. 2nd (and they already replaced me with 18 year old high school cheerleader!)[X(][:(][:D] , you mean my CHAFFEUR has been replaced by a circuit board. When the electronics can replace someone doing on board analysis , then you are right. (I think that day is coming). Frankly , the only problem I have with drones, is that there is always someone smarter than you who will eventually hack into the system and use it against you.[X(]

This subject always makes me think of the old Chevy Chase movie, "Sale of the Century". "GREAT DAY FOR THE NAVY!" "Why admiral, the Navy didn't buy any"? ""Right, and the Air Force bought 300!". [:D]

Like Steve EVER landed on an aircraft carrier! [8|] [:'(]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
Dixie

Post by Dixie »

To do your job all they need is some sort of device to shake a magic 8-ball [:'(] And a bag of cement to act as ballast.
[center]Image

Bigger boys stole my sig
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Dixie

To do your job all they need is some sort of device to shake a magic 8-ball [:'(] And a bag of cement to act as ballast.
[:D]
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: USS America

I'd bet he *might* have-as a passenger in a S3 Viking.
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Hey-

S3 Viking UNP. [&o]
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

Nope. Never did. I walked on just like you. [:D]
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

Naw.....a magic 8-ball won't clean the plane, fuel it, empty the urinal, load the stores, put oil in the engines, and bring the pilots their coffee. [:D]
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

I'd bet he *might* have-as a passenger in a S3 Viking.

Nope. Never landed on a CV in anything. Never rode in an S-3. Or any military jet. Ever.

And never "flew" anything except a Cessna 150, a 172 or an R/C model. [:D]

Although several times they let me sit in the pilot seat of various P-3's and "pretended" to fly it. And all three times I "flew" the P-3 simulator I crashed. Once , doing "Dutch rolls", I lost control so badly that I barrel-rolled a P-3 into the river. [X(]
Kwik E Mart

Post by Kwik E Mart »

Naw.....a magic 8-ball won't clean the plane, fuel it, empty the urinal, load the stores, put oil in the engines, and bring the pilots their coffee. [:D]

...damn...what squadron was that? my guys would have put my hand in warm water when napping in the rack if i asked for coffee...flying with the japanese, OTOH...
Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!

AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart

...damn...what squadron was that? my guys would have put my hand in warm water when napping in the rack if i asked for coffee...flying with the japanese, OTOH...

In east coast VP squadrons , AW's generally have a high regard for Aviators. NFO's on the other hand......[:D]
Kwik E Mart

Post by Kwik E Mart »

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart

In east coast VP squadrons , AW's generally have a high regard for Aviators. NFO's on the other hand......[:D]

...i did have an AO that used to give me his sandwich from his boxed lunch...probably shouldn't think much on what happened to that sandwich before he gave it to me...[X(]

AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

Here is the thread CB and I were talking about. I'll add as many links as I can find when I can.

tm.asp?m=3247138&mpage=3&key=B%2D29%2Cnight%2Cbombing
Dixie

Post by Dixie »

Ha! Look at you, pretending that you used to do stuff. In a real military aviation outfit they wouldn't dream of letting some aircrew no-mark anywhere near anything important. [:'(] In fact, in the RAF we have decoy things for them to 'fix' so they feel like they've achieved something important.

[center]Image

Bigger boys stole my sig

Return to “The War Room”