unit info

Germany At War: Operation Barbarossa 1941 is an elegant turn-based design, inspired by classics such as Panzer General, but with more of a historical focus. You command the German forces through a branching historical campaign covering the entire 1941 campaign as well as part of the 1942 campaign. Dozens of scenarios stretch from the Soviet border all the way to Archangel and towards Astrakhan, the original military goals of Operation Barbarossa. Step into a wargame where your performance will rewrite history, through an addictive combination of compelling gameplay, realistic events and challenging battles.

Moderator: Ronald Wendt

general_solomon

unit info

Post by general_solomon »

this is very exciting news. panzer corps did not display men count. will this game have this? I want to know how many men i have in a unit or army. not abstract representation.

Erik Rutins

RE: unit info

Post by Erik Rutins »

No, for that level of detail, you want something more like Decisive Campaigns or War in the East. However, this has real formations - so you have divisions, regiments, battalions and their strength and relative performance is dealt with realistically in the combat resolution. There is an actual scale to units and scenarios and as your units gain experience, they can choose from a selection of historical attachments and upgrades rather than just getting an extra star or an extra strength point.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
general_solomon

Post by general_solomon »

sounds good, any chance of posting larger screens so we can see the game screens a little better?
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Yes, more screens are coming and I'll post the ones we have here as well.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Lannes

Post by Lannes »

I am very excited to see this game
Christophe
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

I'll post some additional high resolution screenshots here this weekend.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
aclements

Post by aclements »

hi by the look of some of the screenshots there seems to be some sort of sub units being attached will this be the case if so

that would be a great feature [:)] also if this game does well will it encompass more theatres [:)]
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hellom
ORIGINAL: aclements

hi by the look of some of the screenshots there seems to be some sort of sub units being attached will this be the case if so

that would be a great feature [:)] also if this game does well will it encompass more theatres [:)]

a unit can have up to five support units. Each slot for such a unit is available if a unit enters a new level via gaining experience points. Once the support unit is attached, it will stay with the superior unit and alter its values depending on the functions. A supply company e.g. will expand the maximum ammo and fuel stock, while an AntiAir Company will raise the defense values.
Different unit types and sizes have a different set of support units they can choose from.

We have definitly plans for more content via Upgrades/DLCs or Addons. But first we have to get the game on the market, then we will see to the next steps.

Regards,
aclements

Post by aclements »

[:D]thanks ronald if its any help i will be buying this game plus any dlc that comes with it [;)]
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hello aclements,
ORIGINAL: aclements

[:D]thanks ronald if its any help i will be buying this game plus any dlc that comes with it [;)]
sure, every sold unit helps our small team to continue the work. [:)]

But make sure you like what you buy first [;)]

Regards,
panzer_slith

Post by panzer_slith »

I noticed on screenshots that equipment you can procure (jadpanther.elephant,etc)was not availabile till 1943 or later since scope of game is 1941,42 pls explain.
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hello,

ORIGINAL: panzer3

I noticed on screenshots that equipment you can procure (jadpanther.elephant,etc)was not availabile till 1943 or later since scope of game is 1941,42 pls explain.

the campaigns focus on 1941 and 1942. But there are 14 single maps and some of those go beyond that. The screenshot is from a scenario of 1945 where you defend Berlin against the final Soviet strike.

Regards,
JPR71

Post by JPR71 »

I am also chomping at the bit to get this game. Love the detail but also excellent playability without looking too complex. I thought it would come out June 22nd to coincide with the Barbarossa anniversary. Are we close?[8D]
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hello,

we are getting closer - still you have to wait for the offial announcement of the release date for a reliable information.

I know is not very helpful but i cannot help it at the moment.

Regards,
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

I would like this game "now" as well. But as we know, releasing a game prematurely can really kill sales. And even if the good patches come later, some titles never recover. So we will have to wait [;)]

Return to “Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941”