Multiplayer M60A3TTS & Fulkerson vs Farfarer

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

M60A3TTS

RE: WEEKS 149-152 and Capitulation (Thread open to Farfarer)

Post by M60A3TTS »

Ending battle lines along the Prussian/Polish area of operations

M60A3TTS

Post by M60A3TTS »

CASUALTIES

M60A3TTS

Post by M60A3TTS »

FINAL OOB

KEY PRODUCTION

Farfarer61

Post by Farfarer61 »

While willing to go to Berlin fall, all the lessons had been learned in this game. I submit it was the most "experimental" one out there.

Tested:

Before the Blizzard, 100 Pecent of the army went back to Poland. Rumania etc. In 1942, you have a glorious high morale Ost Heer.

While fun, taking Kazan and Kirov had little effect on the Red Army.

You can wage a very good defensive war with a high morale Panzer Armee ( the south), but a massive strike south from Moscow to take the Donbas might have been a better strategic choice.

In 1943, be content with regional success, a knock out blow will not be possible. Of course, I had to try in order to learn. A near run thing in any case.

Infantry strength just bleeds away for the Axis. Dont think they are expendable as "panzers rule". It is actually kind of weird, like a hard wired collapse. Just a sense at this point.

Next:

1943 without a Ride of the Valkyries, as I want to see if a mobile game is not only more fun, but possible if you preserve your force rather than rolling the dice.

I also want to thank others AARs in which I found helpful tweaks to production, and Saint Pelton's observations ( or that B$stard if you are Sov Fanboy or a Dev) :)

I dont want a fort belt turtle game, so of course I will always lose, so this makes me an attractive opponent :)

Farfarer61

Post by Farfarer61 »

Shameless bump to let those interested to review the "weirdest game ever".
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: Farfarer

Infantry strength just bleeds away for the Axis. Dont think they are expendable as "panzers rule". It is actually kind of weird, like a hard wired collapse. Just a sense at this point.

It is hard wired or was because of several bugs that have been fixed in 1.07.

If you would have gone over to defensive set-up and stiffened the shortest route to Berlin in March 43, instead of what you did you had a very good chance at a draw.

Its impossible for SHC to crack GHC lines until 43/44 winter if you have managed to have a good 41+42.

You have to have a long term plan in place and follow it. Yes be flexaible but not to the point of throwing away a draw which can be seen happening allot.

You have to be thinking about the big picture during 41/42 blizzard, setting up some army's into defensive mode in 42. Going for broke in 42 or 43 will simply brake the back of GHC and not SHC in most cases.

The south is where the most manpower centers are located and easyist to take not the north.

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

Return to “After Action Reports”