Still the best hex-wargame

Can the Blitzkrieg be stopped? Across the Dnepr: Second Edition revisits a classic on a new system. Created from the ground up as an expansion for SSG’s latest acclaimed game engine, Kharkov: Disaster on the Donets, the Second Edition of Across the Dnepr includes Areas of Operations, the latest AI programming and multiple Mystery Variants to keep gamers guessing. Also includes 3 free scenarios in addition to the Across the Dnepr mega-scenario: Operation Husky, Operation Konrad and Kirovograd
Krupinski

Still the best hex-wargame

Post by Krupinski »

Hi guys,

just want to say that i still enjoy this game. I know the system since TAO (many years ago). And i still love it.

It's very sad, that this system will receive no further development. I know what happend with the lead designer (it's very sad, my condolence). But there are a few guys of ssg left (at least one who knows the code).

Wouldn't it be possible to think about a further development? I think there are a lot of grognards, who loves the series. Maybe with some good news this guys could be activated?

Just my (hopeless) toughts..[;)]

Cheers, Hafer
Redmarkus5

RE: Still the best hex-wargame

Post by Redmarkus5 »

I played all in this series and it ranks as one of my top war gaming experiences. If they had just gone on and built a WitE-type full campaign, or a linked series of mini-campaigns, that would have been all I needed in terms of east front gaming...
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2
Krupinski

Post by Krupinski »

Copy that, redmarkus. Did you see any chances to activate this series? I still play it, too. Is any of the developers reading this post? ... [&o]
SapperAstro_MatrixForum

Post by SapperAstro_MatrixForum »

I doubt they will read it here.

Try emailing Roger Keating. rogerk at ssg dot com dot au

And let him know what you think of the series.
Krupinski

Post by Krupinski »

..i did so. Thx for the tip.
e_barkmann

Post by e_barkmann »

Some comments from Roger earlier in the year (see towards the bottom of the thread)

http://www.ssg.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5864
Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo

Return to “Across the Dnepr - Second Edition”