When was WITE last balanced?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

matt.buttsworth

When was WITE last balanced?

Post by matt.buttsworth »

Hello everyone,
I am about to start a GC and found, like others, that in the last patch, WITE is totally unbalanced with the Germans having little hope of capturing Smolensk or Leningrad or getting much further than Kiev before the winter blizzards start.
The German position is hopeless.
as well as having the original game file on my computer I have all patches up to about 1.06 when I jumped to 1.078 as well as having the LOST Battles Scenarios

I am perfectly happy to reinstall WITE and the right patch, but I only want to play a game where the Germans have a chance - if they are good - of seizing Leningrad or Moscow before the blizzards and the Russians are not overwheliming.
That destroys the game.

So my question is very simple

My question is:
When was WITE last balanced? 1.00? 1.01? 1.05?

If any of the very experienced players can answer this, I am perfectly happy to share the right patch with other players here who want it for their next GC.

Matthew Buttsworth
carlkay58

RE: When was WITE last balanced?

Post by carlkay58 »

I think the last 1.06 seemed to be the best. It still has the major blizzard trouble but the rest of 41 seemed about right.
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: carlkay58

I think the last 1.06 seemed to be the best. It still has the major blizzard trouble but the rest of 41 seemed about right.

Beta Tester WitW & WitE
matt.buttsworth

Post by matt.buttsworth »

Thanks to the wonders of the internet I found the download in only a few minutes and now have it.
Thank you for your advice.
I will now try a campaign with that patch.

Test game first.

MB

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”