How long for airgroups to travel to Cape town from Eastern USA?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Sredni

How long for airgroups to travel to Cape town from Eastern USA?

Post by Sredni »

I'm about to send some airgroups direct from Eastern USA to Cape Town (flying offmap, not packed on a boat) and I got paranoid.

Anyone know off the top of their head how long it will take them to get there?

I tried sending em and checking the reinforcements list but couldn't find em in it.

-Thanks
sanch

RE: How long for airgroups to travel to Cape town from Eastern USA?

Post by sanch »

I think it is 36-38 days.

The number of days should be listed on the screen where you select where to transfer the unit to. You should see something like ...

Capetown - 38d

Yaab

Post by Yaab »

In DaBigBabes A, this off-map move without ships takes 44 days. Seems this automatic move uses invisible ships that move 2 hexes per phase (4 per day), which would be slow 10 knots ships.

Now, there should be a handful (4-5 ships) of fast Allied xAPs that make 5 hexes per phase (10 hexes per day). Using them for the EC - Cape Town route should cut the travel time to just 17 days (manual p.99 says the distance between EC and Cape Town is 170 hexes).

Sredni

Post by Sredni »

Thanks for the info. And thank you Yaab for the manual page, I don't recall ever noticing that bit of info before [8D].

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”