Help: a big and hard bug

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

amiskatonic

Help: a big and hard bug

Post by amiskatonic »

Hello :)
I have bought the game since a lot of time and all the extension (when they came out) and i pretty much enjoyed the game, but pityfully i wasn't able to finish a game (actually i like to play the sandbox game so it was still playable for me),but now i would like to try the pirate playstyle so i would need a fix:
i have tried windows 7 32 and 64 bits and basically the game is crashing when there is too much on the screen, its the same for every version of distant world
i have also tried some version of distant world in a vmware in xp mode that couldn't solve the problem

the bug is more likely to appear if i use max speed on a very large map, and would probably never happen in a small map (but i don't want to play in a small map!)
it used to only make windows show up a windows with something like "the game is not responding" but the game was still playable in background,
it got worse: i have noticed that with shadow expansion the game simply crash to desktop now

i have uploaded a screenshot converted in jpg to show the type of bug that happen

i don't know if it help but i like to buy all the "racial" technologies and create a list of super optimized design with all best technology available in the game lol, i don't know maybe it make it crashes ^^

i sometimes also change the race of my empire to allow me to research racial tech myself when all other tech are researched ^^

anyway, this bug is following me since the first version of distant world and i can't enjoy the game anymore because of it

i could send my configuration and maybe new bug splat if needed

--- a customer

Attachments
bugdistantworld.jpg
bugdistantworld.jpg (470.47 KiB) Viewed 86 times

Return to “Tech Support”