Land combat animation questions

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

morejeffs

Land combat animation questions

Post by morejeffs »

So I am facing IJA onslaught in early 1942 and when the land combat animations
come on I notice something I found surprising. Some (not all) of the IJA divisions are said
to have a combat rating/effectiveness of 1000 to 1400....I thought their max was around 450-470.
I know that on the combat report print out all sorts of things (leaders/exp/supply etc)are factored in,
but why would divisions that normally are 450 are given a rating (at least on the animations) of 1200?

Thanks for any ideas/comments/thoughts?
that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom—and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.
Amoral

RE: Land combat animation questions

Post by Amoral »

You are right that a typical Japanese division has an AV around 450. However, before combat a bunch of modifiers can change this effective number.

Having a corps HQ, an army HQ and a command HQ in range can all increase the effective AV (a command HQ can almost double it)
Being fully prepared gives a bonus.
Having paratroopers dropping at the same time the combat occurs gives a bonus. (a 100% bonus has been quoted in the past, but this seems inconsistent to me)
On the defense there are even more modifiers, especially for terrain.

I would guess that he has HQs in range and is dropping paratroopers on you.

Return to “The War Room”