Star Trek Birth of the Federation

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

artuitus_slith

Star Trek Birth of the Federation

Post by artuitus_slith »

I wonder if Matrix could pick up the rights to Star Trek:TNG Birth of the Federation and remake it? There is a surprisingly large number of people still playing this game (17k+) who have been begging for a remake, me included.

Given the success of Distant Worlds franchise I'd imagine the game would do well. Just an idea, but really would like the guys here to get the game done, I feel they would do a good job of it.
JamesM

RE: Star Trek Birth of the Federation

Post by JamesM »

+1

Still one of my all time favorite space 4x games.
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

BotF was not technically a very good game, but I still remember it fondly because it was Trek.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
2ndACR

Post by 2ndACR »

IIRC, there was someone trying to make a remake of it, but I am not sure what ever happened with it or even where it went. Was a couple years ago.

Found the link to the guys that were trying for a re-make........looks dead to me.

http://www.startreksupremacy.com/news.html
Darkspire

Post by Darkspire »

Many have fallen from the path into darkness but Birth of the Empires is still going. First link has a few other BOTF remakes as well as the screens and a download link for the alpha 7 of Birth of the Empires. Second link is the general information for it.

The Birth of the Federation 2 Consortium

Birth of the Empires

Darkspire
artuitus_slith

Post by artuitus_slith »

Birth of the Empires looks interesting, but would really like to see a re-make of Botf. The game is actually much better than it seems at first, though of course it could use improvements (what game couldn't?). Considering playing some of the mods or modding it myself to play the way I want it. With the Multi installer the game crashes have been reduced significantly (though not completely) and the Dominion themed mods seem pretty interesting.
Rising-Sun

Post by Rising-Sun »

I still have my BotF, i played sometimes and gotten boring. It does need some improvements though, wondering how much i should sell it on Ebay?
Jim D Burns

Post by Jim D Burns »

I played the game to death back in the day, it was a lot of fun. My biggest gripe was how fragile most stuff was in combat, so I went in and edited the hull and shield strengths up quite a bit so some battles took many minutes to play out instead of just a few seconds. I too would love to see a remake of the game and a much larger strategic map done for it as well. Things could get a little crowded on the small strategic map they used.

Jim

Return to “General Discussion”