Help for a Computer saddo....

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

warspite1

Help for a Computer saddo....

Post by warspite1 »

I have looked at the specs for Rome Total War 2 (see below)

but do not know if my computer would run the game. Can anyone help please? Most of the stuff looks okay but I do not seem to be comparing like with like - single core thingy's and dual core what-nots....

Minimum:

My Computer: Windows 7 Home Premium

Processor:2 GHz Intel Dual Core processor / 2.6 GHz Intel Single Core processor

My Computer: Operating speed: 3.4 GHz (up to 3.8 GHz turbo) Ugh??

Memory: 2GB RAM
My Computer: 8 GB

Graphics:512 MB DirectX 9.0c compatible card (shader model 3, vertex texture fetch support).
DirectX®:9.0c

My Computer: What the ....???? a NVIDIA GeForce GT545 thingy. No idea what all that means....

Hard Drive: 35 GB HD space

My Computer: 2TB

Screen Resolution: 1024x768

My Computer: 1920 x 1080

Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Terminus

RE: Help for a Computer saddo....

Post by Terminus »

You'll be able to run it easily. Not quite up to the recommended specs, but close enough.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

You'll be able to run it easily. Not quite up to the recommended specs, but close enough.
warspite1

Thank-you Terminus - I suspected problems - at least in the graphics dept. Some good news to end what has been a crappy day at work [:)]

Walloc

Post by Walloc »

I would agree with mr T. U can run it, but dont run at full or prolly high details. That would most likely be problematic.

Nvidia just released the GTX 760. U can alrdy in dk find a GTX650, a generation up from ur GT545(first 5 is generation number and the better the next 2 numbers are the better it is within the series(for example 530,540, 545, 550, 560, 570, 580, 590.) and sligtly better for 50£'ish in bins/sales. The GTX660 sells for 125-150£ atm, but with the release of the GTX760 i would expect u in some months can get it for around perhapse even less than 100£ in bins/sales.

Problem with upgrading to a better card is that the GT545 uses PCI Express generation 2(the pace of the slot inside the computer it fits in) where as the 6XX series use 3rd generation PCI for optimal performance. This makes me wonder if ur computer supports only 2nd generation PCI. I cant tell with the spec's u give. Before making a recommandation on how worth while it would be to upgrade the graphicps card alone it would be best to know if the computer supports 2nd gen PCI, 3rd gen PCI or PCI Express 16.

Hope it helps, and not to confusing

Rasmus
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

There are some great cards relitively cheap now, what core is your computer... dual quad ?
good luck.. TW rome is not out for a bit though.. like what sept release?
"Tanks forward"
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Thanks Walloc and freeboy, but I like Terminus' answer [:)]- I actually understand that [:D] - I'm afraid what you both posted - for a technophobe like me - was the modern equivalent of Pure Frontier Gibberish [:)]

wodin

Post by wodin »

You really need a better graphics card to make the most of your other components.
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

ok, I re read yours dual core.. I think its a buget ?... I got a really nice referb a few years ago and added a decent mid range card.. next step will be upping my power supply and adding a really nice card.. can you run ? yes... its all about what you want.. stunning graphics of hand to hand fighting or a great strategy game with ok graphics? If the later you will be fine...
"Tanks forward"
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Thanks everyone. I will buy the game in September and look at upgrading if the thing doesn't run properly.

Qwixt

Post by Qwixt »

I bought, but I never really played Shogun 2 much due to the load times. My computer is pretty fast, so I can only imagine what happens on the min spec computers. I expect Rome 2 to be worse than Shogun 2.

Return to “General Discussion”