Command Ops Google Earth Battlefield Tour

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

Templer_12

Command Ops Google Earth Battlefield Tour

Post by Templer_12 »

I fear for the new extension Command Ops: Battles for Greece there will be no more Google Earth battlefield tour?

What a shame. [:(]
Brindlebane

RE: Command Ops Google Earth Battlefield Tour

Post by Brindlebane »

There's already one for CotA,check that forum for the links.Battles for Greece is one part of updated scenarios from CotA.Crete and Med battles will be the next part.Soon to be released i hope [:)]
Templer_12

Post by Templer_12 »

Ah, you are right!
I forgot to install this after I purchase my new PC.

I find the battle field tour to the Command OPS series just fantastic.
It is so informative, exciting and thrilling to inspect the battlefields with the layers in Google Earth.

A Google Earth battlefield tour should by default be included in every Command Ops series.

Who ever is responsible for the Google Earth battlefield tours - thank you very much from my side. [:)]
Plodder

Post by Plodder »

ORIGINAL: Templer

Ah, you are right!
I forgot to install this after I purchase my new PC.

I find the battle field tour to the Command OPS series just fantastic.
It is so informative, exciting and thrilling to inspect the battlefields with the layers in Google Earth.

A Google Earth battlefield tour should by default be included in every Command Ops series.

Who ever is responsible for the Google Earth battlefield tours - thank you very much from my side. [:)]

You're welcome. [:)]
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."
Templer_12

HTTR Battle Tour

Post by Templer_12 »

This is really great!

On hard battles, I often stop Command Ops to check the area on the Google Earth battle tour.
Somehow, for me, this increases the intensity.

Is there any chance that there will be a Google Earth battle tour for Command Ops: Highway to the Reich?
Brindlebane

RE: HTTR Battle Tour

Post by Brindlebane »

Totally agree it really is a great addition to the game.I often check out a map before i begin a battle,really helps with the planning,when you can actually see the terrain you'll be fighting through.

My first impressions of going through the maps for BftB from the German point of view were,is Hitler insane! [:D]
Plodder

Post by Plodder »

ORIGINAL: Templer

This is really great!

On hard battles, I often stop Command Ops to check the area on the Google Earth battle tour.
Somehow, for me, this increases the intensity.

Is there any chance that there will be a Google Earth battle tour for Command Ops: Highway to the Reich?
I wish I could say yes but I've had some big changes in my life since I made the BFTB tour and just don't have the time any more.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."
Templer_12

Post by Templer_12 »

ORIGINAL: Brindlebane

Totally agree it really is a great addition to the game.I often check out a map before i begin a battle,really helps with the planning,when you can actually see the terrain you'll be fighting through.

My first impressions of going through the maps for BftB from the German point of view were,is Hitler insane! [:D]
And it is often very surprising.

I remember a bloody battle at the Corinth Canal which area I've looked after the battle with the Google Earth Battle Tour.

I thought I don't trust my eyes.
This channel was fought so bloody is just so narrow that a man almost could jump over it. [X(]

The bridge still stands today.
A bridge, or at least a crossing in historical place.

ORIGINAL: The Plodder

I wish I could say yes but I've had some big changes in my life since I made the BFTB tour and just don't have the time any more.
These Battle Tours were so a great Addition to the Command Ops series.

It is a pity, really very sad.
Best wishes [:)]

Return to “Command Ops Series”