Ultimate General - New game about the civil war

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Kung Karl

Ultimate General - New game about the civil war

Post by Kung Karl »

If this has been posted before please remove this thread.

A new game is in development by the creator of the awsome Total War mods, darthmod. Check it out: http://www.ultimategeneral.com/

Perturabo

RE: Ultimate General - New game about the civil war

Post by Perturabo »

It's an operational game, not strategic game. What's the deal with people calling non-strategic games RTS?
Kung Karl

Post by Kung Karl »

RTS is the genre not the scale of the game.
Perturabo

Post by Perturabo »

ORIGINAL: Kung Karl

RTS is a genre about building bases, gathering resources and building armies and sending them against enemies. These are features of the strategic scale.
It's basically a beer and pretzel strategic game moved into "real time" and given fancy graphics.

I don't see the building bases and gathering resources or building armies in the game description. The game description sounds like a RTS player has never heard about wargaming and thinks that he just invented it.
wodin

Post by wodin »

RTS isn't my thing, however I quite like the look of this. Will keep my eye on it.
Fallschirmjager

Post by Fallschirmjager »

The Darthmod creator is one of the most petty and egotistical people I have ever ran across on the net.
He quit work on all of his mods for TW and made a very public exit from the modding scene because he felt slighted by Sega and the Creative Assembly because he was not invited to a conference of modders for the upcoming Rome 2 Total War.
undercovergeek

Post by undercovergeek »

ORIGINAL: Perturabo
ORIGINAL: Kung Karl

RTS is a genre about building bases, gathering resources and building armies and sending them against enemies. These are features of the strategic scale.
It's basically a beer and pretzel strategic game moved into "real time" and given fancy graphics.

I don't see the building bases and gathering resources or building armies in the game description. The game description sounds like a RTS player has never heard about wargaming and thinks that he just invented it.

is CMBN RTS? im sure it says on the box, right there - RTS

wargame europe?

wargame air land battle?

World in conflict?

sullafelix

Post by sullafelix »

RTS was used when the Command and Conquer games and all it's progeny came along. At that time it did represent a genre of PC games and I always took it as being used as a slight against a game if it was called an RTS, at least by Grognards.

Now, people are using it to describe exactly what it means " Real Time Strategy " which many deep wargames are.

So you are both correct.
Windows 7 home premium 64
Intel quad core I7
16 gig
AMD R9 200 series

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!

Return to “General Discussion”