How to kill a Tiger?

A turn-based strategy game like no other has landed. Approachable, absorbing and visually impressive yet detailed, Battle Academy aims to revolutionise the strategy games market with a blend of intuitive design and compelling game play driven by cutting edge technical innovation. The game has more than 30 battles in a range of theatres of war from the North African desert through D-Day to the to the snowy Ardennes mountains where the Allies battled to repel the final German offensive. Now with additional battles on the Western Front with the expansions 'Blitzkrieg France', 'Market Garden', 'Operation Husky', 'Sealion' and 'Rommel in Normandy'.

Moderator: MOD_Slitherine

Yogi the Great

How to kill a Tiger?

Post by Yogi the Great »

I purchased the game when it went on deal of the month. Having fun with it but a question for those of you who have learned how to kill Tiger Tanks.

I have hit them with multiple shots, front, side, rear etc. Have hit them with Artillery barrages. Have hit them with fighter planes. Have hit them with carpet bombings. Except for a rare random kill or two, they basically just keep going. In Cobra scenario they game about 5 Tigers that just do whatever they want killing unit after unit while being seemingly invincible. Aggressive attack by allies and you get slaughtered. Stay back in defensive positions and wait for them to attack and you get slaughtered.

So, how do you kill a tiger?

Just a comment I have also been surprised how many tanks the game gives the Germans they even seem to have more tanks than the allies. So now they seem to have the expected superior tanks but also more of them.
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
IainMcNeil

RE: How to kill a Tiger?

Post by IainMcNeil »

They best thing to do is force them to surrender. You need to hit them every turn with something that reduces their morals to they become suppressed and then rush on while they are suppressed to get short range shots and either destroy them or force them to surrender. You do not want to exchange fire at long range with them as you just wont get anywhere.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

Return to “Battle Academy”