Enhanced Mod Suite

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

pzpat

RE: Enhanced Mod Suite

Post by pzpat »

I can't find anything saying "version four." Where should I look? Please keep in mind that I don't know what a "flash screen" is.
Thanks,
Pat
lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi Pat,

This screen pops up when you first start your game.

Cheers,
Lancer
Jafele

Post by Jafele »

The problem persists: I cannot download the files. I tried with another one (first arab israeli war) and the same issue [:(]. It must be a server error.
Las batallas contra las mujeres son las únicas que se ganan huyendo.

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

Cuando el necio oye la verdad se carcajea, porque si no lo hiciera la verdad no sería la verdad.

LAO TSE
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Try this link: http://www.advancedtactics.org/upload3/Enhanced_Mod_Docs.atzip
ORIGINAL: Jafele

The problem persists: I cannot download the files. I tried with another one (first arab israeli war) and the same issue [:(]. It must be a server error.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Jafele

Post by Jafele »

Now it works fine [:D] Hope the updated EMS can be available to download somewhere.

Thanks

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

Cuando el necio oye la verdad se carcajea, porque si no lo hiciera la verdad no sería la verdad.

LAO TSE
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Try this link: http://www.advancedtactics.org/upload3/Enhanced_Modsuite_v215e.atzip.
ORIGINAL: Jafele

Now it works fine [:D] Hope the updated EMS can be available to download somewhere.

Thanks
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Jafele

Post by Jafele »

Installed! [:D] However, it looks this version (4.0) cannot be played with the NATO mod.

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

LAO TSE
pzpat

Post by pzpat »

When I try to install either the June 28 version or the improved version I get the "error in unpacking" message.
cbardswell

Post by cbardswell »

I always seem to get the "error in unpacking" (both the EM and thevNATOcounters) but all the buttons are there. I haven't had time to fire up a game yet (still closing down an existing one. Fingers crossed it'll work
"Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth and easy, or that anyone who embarks on the strange voyage can measure the tides and hurricanes he will encounter." Winston Churchill
lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi,

I'd hold off downloading as I'll be releasing version 5 shortly which should be, all being well, the definitive version for the forseeable future.

People are still running into edge cases with Enhanced Officers 'Command Allowances' so I've tweaked it such that, at game start, it will tally up how many player HQ's are on the map. The players Command Allowance will be adjusted upwards if that number exceeds whatever preset allowance there is for that map size/regime number combination. With this approach the mod should automatically scale to an appropraite allowance rather than me having to hazard a guess at what a suitable level should be.

As Vic provided some extra functionality in the editor in his last update I've been able to implement a new feature for the Enhanced Officers which will also be included in the update.

Hopefully all the download hiccups will have been sorted out by then.

Cheers,
Lancer
cbardswell

Post by cbardswell »

Fantastic - consider me extremely excited [:D]

Are we allowed to ask how long "shortly is"? [;)]
"Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth and easy, or that anyone who embarks on the strange voyage can measure the tides and hurricanes he will encounter." Winston Churchill
Jafele

Post by Jafele »

Great!! [&o]

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

LAO TSE
RoryAndersonCDT

Post by RoryAndersonCDT »

The commerce raider events are really annoying and not fun. But aside from that good show!
Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi,

It's all done. Just testing and balancing. Not long.
The commerce raider events are really annoying and not fun.

Neither were they in real life. They are a problem only until you build yourself a decent navy. Running convoys all over the map without having to worry about the AI was the reason for the Commerce Raiders. You have to protect what's yours.

There's a reason that the British didn't build a maritime empire on merchant fleets alone.

On the up side they all have historical names (apart from the Arab and Chinese ones - had to make those up). At least you know who is going to kick you in the nuts.

Cheers,
Lancer
RoryAndersonCDT

Post by RoryAndersonCDT »

I play videogames to have fun.
Command Dev Team
Technical Lead
cbardswell

Post by cbardswell »

@baloogan - I agree that the commerce raiders are a colossal pain in the a&se, but then again so were the Tirpitz, Bismark, Scharnhorst, Gneisnau, etc. The home fleet was essentially held in Scapa for years against the possibility they would break out into the Atlantic.

Also look on the bright side, Lancer hasn't added Hilfskreuzers yet...oh no, what I have done?
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

@baloogan - I am sure you play the game the way you want it, but some players prefer more realism, and a challenge. Then of course there is the fact that Lancer makes the mods the way he likes, and he is not paid or anything to do the job, so you have to in essence accept the work he does, or don´t play with the mod.
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

ORIGINAL: cbardswell
Fantastic - consider me extremely excited [:D]

Originally when you wrote this, I was going to add, sure ask away, just don´t expect an answer ;)

It seems that Lancers answer more or less is a reflection of just that :)
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
cbardswell

Post by cbardswell »

Like vic he is (ahem) enigmatic on timelines. We will await the white smoke with excitement...

lancer

Post by lancer »

G'day,

Oh, ye of little faith.

Changes - Version 5

Enhanced Officers

Command Allowance now automatically scales so you will always start the game with enough CA to accomodate however many HQ's are already on the map.

New feature: Dissatisfied Officers

Good to go.

Cheers,
Lancer

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”