Red army depletion?

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

freeboy

Red army depletion?

Post by freeboy »

It's July in pbem game Case Blue and my losses are not too severe, but I'm worried at the lack of infantry... Does the replacements and reinforcementso rate increase in August Sept? Things could be very very bad soon
"Tanks forward"
Bonners

RE: Red army depletion?

Post by Bonners »

They can do, obviously depending on the German player though! In current game, Finz had a low point of 380k in troops in July, yet by January he was up to a high point of 850k troops, so it is possible to recover. Constant offensive action does hurt the Russians though as we are now in March and the numbers are dropping off again.
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

thanks, It seems the pace has lessened as fortress Rostov has stopped him and my troops fall back all along the center... August is right around the corner and Im hoping to retreat.. having never played th reds, can I give up Rostov and not have the High command order me to retake it?
"Tanks forward"
Hugolin

Post by Hugolin »

Somewhere in the game documents (in PDF) you will find the scheduled replacement and reinforcement.

Folder DC/docs/guides

Monthly Russian INF replacement:
50K in July/Aug
70K Sept/Oct
80k Nov/Dec
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

Im slowly moving up in numbers as the pace slows thanks
Its scary seeing the numbers get so low....
but nice to see new divisions ... mid Aug and he is invading the black sea area to bi pass fortress Rostov ... I cannot be everywhere and with hard recon I am not sure where he is strong always.. so its dig in behind revers and then fall back... it will be an interesting winter
"Tanks forward"
Finz

Post by Finz »

You get alot of good units as reinforcements in September, October and early November including the first Mech Corps, just remember to keep some units in reserve.
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

Thanks for the advise about a reserve... currently I am shuttling small partial forces rebuilt along the rear by rail to fill in.. and each front has a mobile "reserve" of second line hex defenders... not the best but its all I can afford, I barely have 400k troops, and my opponent has lost over 200k... so its probably an October time frame for us to reach parity.... offensive operations will not begin until I actually can dominate, and my air and art forces are pretty weak too...

It was the lack of Infantry that really scared me in July, I was holding ground but being savaged by an aggressive player who himself lost 2 troops to every one of mine killed directly, then with the over run troops it lowered to 1 dead German to 2 red army.. SCARY!!!
I am doing a defense in depth... I try to have a good well dug in, with either a hill forest fort or city.. or behind a river, backed up in next hex by in anti tank or armor... so far I have been luck and only "left behind" units isolated and over run.. I get a ton of prestige if I hold a certain city.. so much of my new units are headed there.. but the rivers are great now, I know as a German player how challenging getting across them can be.. so now in mid aug I hav river defenses from Rostov all the way to the North with only a few open plains no river breaks....

thanks for the posts, I would do an aar, but the new windows service pack killed my ability to easily, in windows, do posting of screen shots.. need to do an install of fraps or something like that... any way WOW pbem is great, I cannot imagine my opponent will be a pbem monster when he finishes learning the game....
"Tanks forward"

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”