Tutorial 2 ouch!

Scourge of War is the definitive American Civil War grand tactical wargame of this generation. With impressive 3D graphics, an award-winning AI, pausable real-time play, historical battlefield terrain and orders of battle down to the regiment and battery level, Scourge of War captures the tactical challenges that faced the real Union and Confederate commanders more than 130 years ago.

This forum covers the main game Gettysburg and its two expansions Antietam, Pipe Creek, and Chancellorsville!

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWar

Marvin Pontiac

Tutorial 2 ouch!

Post by Marvin Pontiac »

I did tutorial 1 which was clear to me and went fine. But tutorial 2 jeez guys what a slap in the face. I thought a tutorial was supposed to give you a bit of confidence. I didn't know what to do in the second half. Was waiting for tutorial messages to come up but hardly anything. The first bit goes reasonably fine with the 2 enemy regiments. (although what am I supposed to do with the cavalry here; there are no instructions in this tutorial on how to use the messaging system. And after that?!? I just get overwhelmed. Don't understand where I'm supposed to direct my units. Am going to try again and read a lot more carefully. I'm clearly out of my depth with this game...but you could have made that second tutorial a bit easier I think. Or am I missing something?
Floyd

RE: Tutorial 2 ouch!

Post by Floyd »

Marvin Pontiac

RE: Tutorial 2 ouch!

Post by Marvin Pontiac »

Hi Floyd,

Thanks for the link. You knew what I was looking for: An indication that it's not just me who finds this hard [:)]
I tried again anyway and this time I read the messages more carefully and got a lot further. At least I understood this time what I was supposed to do. Still ended up loosing. Gonna try again! The game seems pretty cool. Bought it for realism and then when I get it I whine. Typical.[8D]

Return to “Scourge of War Gettysburg Series”