Problem with being raided

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Yarasala

Problem with being raided

Post by Yarasala »

Hi everyone,

I'm in the middle of my first Shadow game with 1.9.0.7. I began as normal empire in the age of shadows and made the mistake to expand too fast so that I cannot defend my colonies properly against the pirates except by enlisting some ground forces.

Now the problem is, it happens quite often (but not always) that I get a message that an attempted raid was prevented and the attacking forces have fled, directly followed by another message that the raid was successful. How can that be? Also in such a case my ground forces are still there. Don't the pirates have to kill all ground forces first before they can raid a planet?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Canute0

RE: Problem with being raided

Post by Canute0 »

This happen when you got some defenders on your Colony, and the first pirate just raid with 1 Assault pod. Your Defender overwhelm the Raider pretty fast before reinforcement comes.
But the reinforcement start a new raid, and that is succesful.

A Raid isn't a Invasion, they don't need to kill your troops, they just cause trouble and chao, so they can grab something and escape with the loot.
Gorofin

Post by Gorofin »

I pay the protection fees with the first contacts with pirates. If I start colonize, pirates will try to raid the newly colonized worlds, even if you pay the protection fees. I always build a very small space station (without Labs) and send 4-8 troop with a troop transport to give protection against raids. This need some construction tech and semi automation for troop handling but works well.
zonks

Post by zonks »

How do they escape with the loot when their ship has left the system or been destroyed?
Canute0

Post by Canute0 »

They grab a lokal shuttle and escape from the planet.
They use UPLS (United Parces Loot Service) to send the Raidloot anonymous at home.
They use a secret Quantum Teleport Recall system.

Hey no game is perfect, and the AI is weak enough. Bribe the damn pirates at the beginning, when they start raiding, so they don't destroy your building Spaceport. After they left the system cancel the protection.

drmario89

Post by drmario89 »

ORIGINAL: Olek

How do they escape with the loot when their ship has left the system or been destroyed?

I suspect it's the same method characters use to move around the galaxy without shuttles: Space Magic [:'(]
Yarasala

Post by Yarasala »

As far as I can see the pirates still have ships near the planet in question when the message that their forces have fled appears, but I didn't verify that every time.

Anyway, it may be as Canute tells in his first reply, but then the message about fleeing attackers is just misleading and should be removed or changed so that one isn't puzzled or annoyed if the raid succeeds a second later. Or does that just mean "the attackers have fled and could not take with them all they wanted, but part of it"? Then change the message accordingly.
zonks

Post by zonks »

ORIGINAL: drmario89

ORIGINAL: Olek

I suspect it's the same method characters use to move around the galaxy without shuttles: Space Magic [:'(]

LOL
I should have added an emote to that, I wasn't serious :)

Return to “Tech Support”