The Wargamer recruiting writers

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Wargamer Editor

The Wargamer recruiting writers

Post by Wargamer Editor »

Hello Matrix forum denizens [:)]

Quick introduction - I have just taken over as editor of The Wargamer a website dedicated to (mainly) strategy computer wargames of all types and all periods, including Sci-Fi and other imaginary settings.

Whilst The Wargamer currently has a dedicated and enthusiastic crew of contributors it is the way of the world that an editor always wants more - and as I have just started I'll start asking now, although no doubt I'll do so again from time to time.

I'm looking for willing volunteers to write pieces on any of the subjects that The Wargamer currently covers, or indeed any that may well expand the site's coverage (although we want to remain true to the core of what The Wargamer is about). So reviews, AAR's, previews, etc. are all most welcome. Got a favourite/new game you'd like to tell the world about? Write a review and we'll publish it - there is even modest payment available!. Or if you are just generally interested in doing a review we do have games (or access codes), etc. provided from time to time that we can supply to you to work with as well.

Whilst the gamers here are obviously Matrix games fans, games from any publisher are in our remit. Similarly pieces that support the games we cover, such as historical articles, etc, are also most welcome.

If you want to try your hand at this, or have an idea about what could be covered please get in touch ASAP.

Look forward to hearing from some of you soon [8D]
Nik Gaukroger

Editor-in-Chief, Wargamer.com
nikg@wargamer.com
SLAAKMAN

RE: The Wargamer recruiting writers

Post by SLAAKMAN »

I will apply but only on one condition. I demand the position of Supreme Dictator of the Forum with unmitigated powers to ban & crush insolent puikes at will. After this sacred task is complete, I will consider assisting you with company projects. Are these terms acceptable? [:D]
Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill
Wargamer Editor

Post by Wargamer Editor »

Alas, no [;)]
Nik Gaukroger

Editor-in-Chief, Wargamer.com
nikg@wargamer.com
SLAAKMAN

Post by SLAAKMAN »

Impudent knave! Submit to the terms or face my Apprentice!! Image

Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill

Return to “General Discussion”