Stations at Black Holes

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Loki146

Stations at Black Holes

Post by Loki146 »

hi everyone

i don't get it, do i have to "Build at Dark Pit" or is it enough to build nearly the Black Hole to get the bonuses?

my problem is: if i Build at Dark Pit, the Hole eat my Ship and Base. If i build nearly, there is no Research Bonus in my Research Screen :(

this Black Holes are driving me crazy!!!
Dracus

RE: Stations at Black Holes

Post by Dracus »

if you queue build , it should build in the right location. Manual placement is way to tricky.
Loki146

Post by Loki146 »

but where? do i zoom in oder zoom out? :/

gnnaaaah, now it works, the problem was that i have designed a "Station" with all labs, not a Research station. Now i just copied it 3 times, 1 time for each research station and now it works perfectly, THX! :)
Canute0

Post by Canute0 »

Select the Black hole, you can select it direct over the starmap or select it over the Research/Resort locations.

Then at the window lower left, select Build a Resort base or the right Research base.

Don't use the Right click menu, because this force the AI to build at a special location, and this is mosttimes deadly at a black hole like you notice.

And if you realy want to place the station manualy, yes it should be ok when it is somewhere around. When the Black hole disappear from the Research/Resort location list, your placement was correct.
elanaagain

Post by elanaagain »

Yes, I have lost several constructors to black holes. No warning, just a message "mission complete ...as it disappears... lol.
USA = Corporatist Serfdom of America: free range surf technology
ASHBERY76

Post by ASHBERY76 »

Why have black holes without any consequence?

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”