Pirates Selling Techs too late

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

necaradan666

Pirates Selling Techs too late

Post by necaradan666 »

After one of the recent patches, not sure if it was v1.9.0.6 but around there, a change seems to have been made that leaves pirate empires trying to sell me techs when I'm only a percent or two away from completing it with my own research. Usually charging vast amounts, I stupidly accepted many times before I realised what was going on.

Obviously this is flawed, there's really no circumstance in which this behaviour can be seen as a benefit. Surely it's not WAD?

Should be easy to reproduce. I get offers from three or so pirate empires just about every time I am nearing completion of a tech.
Bingeling

RE: Pirates Selling Techs too late

Post by Bingeling »

The price depends on your progress, and I guess you don't have enough money until you are nearly done.
fierceking

Post by fierceking »

ORIGINAL: necaradan666

After one of the recent patches, not sure if it was v1.9.0.6 but around there, a change seems to have been made that leaves pirate empires trying to sell me techs when I'm only a percent or two away from completing it with my own research. Usually charging vast amounts, I stupidly accepted many times before I realised what was going on.

Obviously this is flawed, there's really no circumstance in which this behaviour can be seen as a benefit. Surely it's not WAD?

Should be easy to reproduce. I get offers from three or so pirate empires just about every time I am nearing completion of a tech.

I can confirm this. Pirates will try to sell you a tech that I am about to finish. Usually in the 90% range at the cost of near full price. First I thought that the pirates were just trying to rip me off but now that you mentioned it, it looks like a bug.
Fishers of Men

Post by Fishers of Men »

I just figure that its part of the roll playing, that pirates are trying to take advantage of me and take my money. At least that is how I am looking at this situation. I just say, "No Thanks".
Old............but very fast
necaradan666

Post by necaradan666 »

ORIGINAL: Bingeling

The price depends on your progress, and I guess you don't have enough money until you are nearly done.

The bug isn't the price though. I usually have tons of cash and I'd be willing to buy tech from pirates cause I play at 480k research and sometimes it can take forever.

The bug is the fact that they never seem to offer tech until I'm almost done researching one, then they offer me that exact tech. I understand that it could be seen as pirate roleplay, trying to take advantage, but it's also kinda dumb, it's a part of gameplay that becomes useless when all you have to do is wait another minute for your research to finish.

It seems to happen all the time too, over the last couple patches I've noticed that they no longer offer me random techs at any time, it's only the one tech I'm researching, and always when it's nearly done.
elliotg

Post by elliotg »

Thanks for this report.

This has been altered in the next update so that pirate factions will no longer make tech offers to empires when the empire has nearly researched the tech for themselves.

Elliot

Return to “Tech Support”