COTA 2 tutorial?

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

adrianoku

COTA 2 tutorial?

Post by adrianoku »

I remember that in the original COTA there were 2 great step by step tutorial, is there anything similar in this new edition?
Windows 7 pro 64
Intel I7 870 2.93Ghz Quad core
8 Gb DD3
NVIDIA GTX460
Grim.Reaper

RE: COTA 2 tutorial?

Post by Grim.Reaper »

Although on the product page it lists the two intro tutorials in the included scenario list, they don't seem to be installed with the new pack. A thread was started in the tech support area. I am hoping they might just have been missed in the installed package, but not sure.

tm.asp?m=3352323
Grim.Reaper

Post by Grim.Reaper »

Seems like even the original game pack announcement had the intros listed as being part of it.

tm.asp?m=3310871
adrianoku

Post by adrianoku »

Mhh... ok, but there are the two manuals "getting started" and "advanced tutorial" in pdf to use with the two tutorial scenarios?
Windows 7 pro 64
8 Gb DD3
NVIDIA GTX460
Grim.Reaper

Post by Grim.Reaper »

ORIGINAL: gattok

Mhh... ok, but there are the two manuals "getting started" and "advanced tutorial" in pdf to use with the two tutorial scenarios?

Unless I missed it, I don't see any new manuals included with the Greece Pack, unless you are referring to the game manuals from the original COTA game. If you did find them with the new pack, please let me know where they are located.
adrianoku

Post by adrianoku »

I've not bought cota2 yet! Was asking if in the new edition there are the 2 tutorials ( scenario and pdf) which help in learning this game, as they were in the original COTA.
Never had time to learn , read and play the old COTA, now I have time, and want to know if it's time to buy and learn directly the new one, or to start learning the old one. Or if it's possible to apply the old pdf tutorial manuals in the new game ( even if it seems that neither the two scenarios are present [&:] )
I think the step by step tutorials of the old COTA were well done!
Windows 7 pro 64
8 Gb DD3
NVIDIA GTX460
Grim.Reaper

Post by Grim.Reaper »

Gotcha....no specific manual from COTA comes with the new pack, nor the intro scenarios are included (not sure if mistake or intended at this point). However, when you install the new base game of the Bulge, it install a number of very good video tutorials, probably the best tutorial videos I have seen. The videos are based on the Bulge game, but should translate over to the COTA content since both using the same engine. Looking through the Bulge manual, there isn't a walk-thru, but again I think the videos are better anyway personally.

Without the intro scenarios included, can't see how you would be able to attempt using the old manual to walk-through. Plus, I am guessing changes have been introduced in the new engine which may not match the old game manual.
adrianoku

Post by adrianoku »

Ok thx! I'll stay tuned regarding the two "ghost" scenarios!
Windows 7 pro 64
8 Gb DD3
NVIDIA GTX460

Return to “Command Ops Series”