original AT vs ATG supply transfer question

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

artofwar85

original AT vs ATG supply transfer question

Post by artofwar85 »

With ATG can a HQ directly .... manually can I transfer supplies from one HQ to another one ... it seems the documentaion regarding the Original Advanced Tactics allowed for this whereas for Advanced Tactics Gold it does not but rather I assume is automatically taken care of due to requests .... ???????????[&:]
There is a Peace that is only found at the other end of War.
Tac2i

RE: original AT vs ATG supply transfer question

Post by Tac2i »

If your HQs has transport units in it, you can manually transfer supplies (and other stuff) to another HQ. Usually there is no need to do this as it is automatically taken care of via requests. As far as the distribution of supply is concerned, you have an invisible transport network that takes care of the details (unless you are playing with hardcore supply rules enabled). Just be sure your combat HQs are part of the supply chain (a city with supply has been assigned to directly distribute to the HQ or your HQ is assigned to a higher level HQ such as the Supreme HQ).
ORIGINAL: artofwar85

With ATG can a HQ directly .... manually can I transfer supplies from one HQ to another one ... it seems the documentation regarding the Original Advanced Tactics allowed for this whereas for Advanced Tactics Gold it does not but rather I assume is automatically taken care of due to requests .... ???????????[&:]
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Veni

Post by Veni »

To supplement what Webizen said:

One feature which took me some time to realize (and I don't recall whether this was the case in AT) is that if you need to manually transfer supplies between HQs, once you open the transfer dialogue, if you have insufficient transport in the originating HQ, then click on the HQ image in the lower left. This changes the HQ providing the transport. Ensure the desired transport option (naval/truck/train) is selected on the right, and you can then manually transfer supplies (&/or other items), assuming sufficient transport in that HQ ...

Where this comes into play (frequently with me, at least) is when you need to manually transfer excess supplies back to the Supreme HQ, e.g. supplies requested in can't make their way to units due to distance/terrain and thus are stockpiled at the HQ, rendering it 'immobile' (the gas can icon next to the HQ image). Manually transfer enough supplies, and the HQ can then move as normal.
Veni

Post by Veni »

So here is where to be clicking [:D]

Attachments
HQClick.jpg
HQClick.jpg (16.71 KiB) Viewed 28 times
artofwar85

Post by artofwar85 »

Got it Veni thanks
There is a Peace that is only found at the other end of War.

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”