If You're Looking for the Battles for Greece folder...

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

Tzar007

If You're Looking for the Battles for Greece folder...

Post by Tzar007 »

Maybe I'm a total newbie here, but the way the Battles for Greece got installed confused me for some time before I figured it out.

At the end of installation, it said I would have a Battles for Greece folder in my Start Menu and a desktop shortcut. Nope, no folder, no shortcut. So I looked in my actual BFTB folder, since it does install into that folder. No Battles for Greece shortcuts too.

Starting the BFTB Game Menu did show a PLAY Battles for Greece option, so I clicked on it only to be brought with the standard BFTB splash screen. I was thinking something really went wrong here.

It's only after clicking on New Game in BFTB that I suddenly realized I had the option at the top to switch between BFTB Scenarios and Greek Scenarios... Voilà!

I'm rolling now and can't wait for the Med Pack with the Crete and North African scenarios to get out!
Plodder

RE: If You're Looking for the Battles for Greece folder...

Post by Plodder »

ORIGINAL: Tzar007
I'm rolling now and can't wait for the Med Pack with the Crete and North African scenarios to get out!

Maybe then you can finally finish that Storm Over Iraklion AAR...[:D]
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."
simovitch

Post by simovitch »

The desktop shortcuts do seem to be missing. I should have caught this while testing the installer, it could be a bit confusing for the customer. But the game runs fine from the Windows Start menu.

I actually installed the HTTR pack over the Greek pack and now the BFTB/Matrix Game menu has the Market Garden graphics instead of the Greek graphics.

It would be best if the Game Menus that come with the installers show you all the CO modules installed, or just say "Command Ops".

Oh, and the original COTA runs fine on my Windows 7 computer...[:)]
simovitch

jimcarravall

Post by jimcarravall »

ORIGINAL: simovitch

The desktop shortcuts do seem to be missing. I should have caught this while testing the installer, it could be a bit confusing for the customer. But the game runs fine from the Windows Start menu.

I actually installed the HTTR pack over the Greek pack and now the BFTB/Matrix Game menu has the Market Garden graphics instead of the Greek graphics.

It would be best if the Game Menus that come with the installers show you all the CO modules installed, or just say "Command Ops".

Oh, and the original COTA runs fine on my Windows 7 computer...[:)]

No new icons for Battles for Greece, but I still get the new game with the old HTTR short cut.
Take care,

jim
Tzar007

Post by Tzar007 »

ORIGINAL: The Plodder
ORIGINAL: Tzar007

Maybe then you can finally finish that Storm Over Iraklion AAR...[:D]

[:D] Thanks for reminding me, that remains unchecked on my to do list since a few years !!!

At this point, I guess I'd better start over the AAR with the new engine [:D]

Return to “Command Ops Series”