Out Of Memory issues

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Tkins

Out Of Memory issues

Post by Tkins »

Hi,

I'm getting errors when playing this game. It will periodically crash after playing it for a few hours. Every time it says I'm out of memory. What do I need to provide here to help diagnose this issue?

Cheers,

Tkins
Flavor Clothing
Miep

RE: Out Of Memory issues

Post by Miep »

dont know i have make many post of this here but no answere :( but dont know i havend this error long time ago dont know how and why but iam lucky ^^
bla
Dracus

Post by Dracus »

which ver of the game are you playing
Tkins

Post by Tkins »

I'm playing on 1.9.0.6
Flavor Clothing
Dracus

Post by Dracus »

I was getting these alot on my 32 bit machine but have not gotten them yet on my 64 bit with 10g mem
Tkins

Post by Tkins »

I have a 32 bit system with 3 gigs. It's well beyond the recommended requirements...

Product Requirements :
CPU: Pentium 4 @1.5 GHz
RAM: 1Gb RAM
Video/Graphics: minimum 1024 x 768 resolution, 32 bit
Sound: DirectX 9 compatible
Hard disk space: approx 500Mb
CD-Rom: not required, except if installing from CD
DirectX version: 9.0c or later
Peripheral hardware: Mouse
Anything else that is needed: Microsoft .Net Framework 3.0 or later (will be included with installer)
Flavor Clothing
crusender

Post by crusender »

at 32 bit you should play at max medium size (700 star), try raise windows page file it will help.
Tkins

Post by Tkins »

I haven't played a game with more than 700 stars. What's 'raise windows page file'?
Flavor Clothing
Dracus

Post by Dracus »

go to Control Panel\System click advanced system settings, go to advanced tab, click on preformance, go to advanced and change the virtual memory setting to a custom size and make it 3 tims the recommended sizes. save and close.
Tkins

Post by Tkins »

No confirmation yet, but that seems to have helped. Still lag at times when I get pop ups and messages, but no crashes yet.

Okay, I got my out of memory crash. I ended up playing for about 3 hours.
Flavor Clothing
crusender

Post by crusender »

whit my old computer i was use 10gig of page file, try to leave game to main menu and load every 2 hour
Keldun

Post by Keldun »

It happens on w7 64 bit system as well. I have a computer with 32 GB of ram yet the game tells me that it ran out of memory when it is using only a bit more than 3 Gb of memory, that might be because the game is a 32 bit application.
It seems that there is some kind of memory leak that makes the game just keep using more memory each time we re load a save without quitting the game.
Darkspire

Post by Darkspire »

ORIGINAL: Tkins

Hi,

I'm getting errors when playing this game. It will periodically crash after playing it for a few hours. Every time it says I'm out of memory. What do I need to provide here to help diagnose this issue?

Cheers,

Tkins

If your on a 1400 by 15x15 drop it to a 700 by 15x15 or 400 15 by 15, the map size is optional , you can go smaller but the amount of stars (400-700) is not, this should give you the stability again, if you still get the problems on a 700 drop it to 400, I had the same sort of problems, I used to play 1400 15 by 15 on Legends but am unable to in Shadows, now I play on a 400 15 by 15 and everything is stable as a rock. Shadows changed a lot of the inner workings, chances are you probably do not have the hardware to pull off the bigger maps sadly.

Darkspire

Return to “Tech Support”