Command Ops Storms Greece!

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

Philkian

Command Ops Storms Greece!

Post by Philkian »

Matrix Games and Panther Games (www.panthergames.com) are proud to announce the release of the latest expansion for the critically-acclaimed World War 2 operational wargame Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge, namedBattles for Greece.

Command Ops: Battles for Greece features 19 historical and what-if scenarios covering all of the major actions that took place during Operation Marita, the German invasion of Greece in 1941 as well as a few battles from the previous Italian invasion of Greece like the Battles of the Pindos Basesan and the attack at Corinth.

Command Ops: Battles for Greece works with the Command Ops AI engine which stands as one of the most advanced commercial AI opponents ever developed and a powerful Map and Scenario makers are still available in addition to the acclaimed Unit and Equipment editor allowing for unprecedented customization of gameplay.

Customers who already own Conquest of the Aegean will receive a $10 discount. To receive your discount just enter your existing Conquest of the Aegean serial number as a coupon on the checkout page, click Apply and then see the price reduced by $10.

Take note: Command Ops: Battles for Greece is an expansion for Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge and requires the base game to play.

Get more information on Command Ops: Battles for Greece from its official product page.
Moltke71

RE: Command Ops Storms Greece!

Post by Moltke71 »

OK, I'm totally confused. One needs Conquest of the Aegean for this game but that doesn't run under Win7. When I install Greece, the default directory is the Command Ops: Bulge. I change the dir to my Conquest of the Aegean dir but the game won't run. Please advise.
Jim Cobb
Plodder

Post by Plodder »

This is an expansion pack for BFTB, you need to install into your BFTB folder. You only require COTA if you want the $10 discount, and then all you need of that game is the serial.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."
Moltke71

Post by Moltke71 »

Thanks. I misread the product page.
Jim Cobb
Brindlebane

Post by Brindlebane »

I'm trying to buy this,it won't give me the discount after entering my CotA serial number.Doh!
Brindlebane

Post by Brindlebane »

Mmmmmm strange on my store account it won't recognize the serial number but if i don't log in and use the number it will let me use it.what the hell.Oh well new account then.
Brindlebane

Post by Brindlebane »

Thanks again Andrew all sorted now [:)]
VilleYrjola

Post by VilleYrjola »

I just bought the game and after finishing my order I got a message saying that Plimus store couldn't process my order and I should try again later. However, it seems my PayPal transaction went through as I got an email from PayPal saying that I've authorized a payment to Matrix games. I haven't recieved my download link yet (I ordered physical with download) or anything else confrming my order besides that PayPal message. What the hell went wrong here?

I just checked my bank account and price of the Greece pack has been taken from there, but I got nothing in return. I know perfectly well that Matrix/Plimus are not scamming me here, but this is still very annoying.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: Rosmarus

I just bought the game and after finishing my order I got a message saying that Plimus store couldn't process my order and I should try again later. However, it seems my PayPal transaction went through as I got an email from PayPal saying that I've authorized a payment to Matrix games. I haven't recieved my download link yet (I ordered physical with download) or anything else confrming my order besides that PayPal message. What the hell went wrong here?

I just checked my bank account and price of the Greece pack has been taken from there, but I got nothing in return. I know perfectly well that Matrix/Plimus are not scamming me here, but this is still very annoying.

Hi Rosmarus,

Could you please send your Paypal transaction details to storesupport[at]matrixgames.com? I've just checked Plimus and I wasn't able to locate your order.
Our apologies for all the inconveniences.
VilleYrjola

Post by VilleYrjola »

Hi, I just checked through my netbank and PayPal that they've noticed their monetary fuck-up as well and canceled my payment returning my monies (whee). I'll stay put for a while and see that everything works out okay (being a bit neurotic) and then order again and see if it works out then. Thanks for your quick reply, looks like PayPal's trigger finger was a bit too fast here.
Thomasew

Post by Thomasew »

ORIGINAL: Bismarck

OK, I'm totally confused. One needs Conquest of the Aegean for this game but that doesn't run under Win7. When I install Greece, the default directory is the Command Ops: Bulge. I change the dir to my Conquest of the Aegean dir but the game won't run. Please advise.

Hi,

I saw you posted similar comments on another forum.

CotA works fine under Windows 7, .. well, it does for me anyway.

Cheers
Tom
He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win
Gizuria

Post by Gizuria »

Sweet. Bought it and downloading now. I'm glad to see that this game is at the top of the Matrix boards list as well.
Major SNAFU_M

Post by Major SNAFU_M »

Woot!

Bought, installed, and working on the tactical scenario.

Thanks to Dave and all others who keep the development of this series going.
"Popular Opinion? What I suggest you do with 'Popular Opinion' is biologically impossible and morally questionable." -

"One ping to find them all,
One ping to link them;
One ping to promote them all,
and in the darkness sink them"
chrisol

Post by chrisol »

Am I correct in thinking that Battles for Greece doesn't include the Crete scenarios from CotA ?
Many thanks
Chris
Grim.Reaper

Post by Grim.Reaper »

ORIGINAL: chrisol

Am I correct in thinking that Battles for Greece doesn't include the Crete scenarios from CotA ?
Many thanks
Chris

correct, that will be in next data pack.
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

The announcement from Matrix that this data pack includes the Command Ops engine is misleading. I have asked them to correct this. This is an expansion pack and requires BFTB. It simply adds data covering the battles in Greece. It will install a folder within your scenarios directory for BFTB. To access these scenarios launch BFTB and from the Scenario selection screen click on the directory button until you see the Greek folder. Then choose the desired scenario.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
Perturabo

Post by Perturabo »

What is interesting about this scenario pack?
SapperAstro_MatrixForum

Post by SapperAstro_MatrixForum »

Upsides:

It has some very tight battles in rough terrain.

Depending on the scenario, there is room to maneuvre with less unit density than Market Garden or the Bulge.

Either side can win with good management.

It covers battles that have, at least to my knowledge, never been covered before by a computer wargame.

There are Australians.

There are Australians at Thermopylae; think of the movie '300' with Australians (and some others...) instead of Spartans. Battling the cream of the German armoured fist instead of the Persion hordes.

Said Australians can give the Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler division a smack around the head. With luck. Lots of luck.

Greek units too! Something different.

Downsides:

There are New Zealanders.

A few pommies.

It doesn't include the brilliant scenarios to come in the mediterranean pack that really go hand in hand with the Greece pack.
jimcarravall

Post by jimcarravall »

ORIGINAL: SapperAstro

Upsides:

Depending on the scenario, there is room to maneuvre with less unit density than Market Garden or the Bulge.

It covers battles that have, at least to my knowledge, never been covered before by a computer wargame.

There are Australians.

There are Australians at Thermopylae; think of the movie '300' with Australians (and some others...) instead of Spartans. Battling the cream of the German armoured fist instead of the Persion hordes.

Said Australians can give the Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler division a smack around the head. With luck. Lots of luck.

Downsides:

A few pommies.

It doesn't include the brilliant scenarios to come in the mediterranean pack that really go hand in hand with the Greece pack.

Ah, but no Americans to bail out the Commonwealth [:D]
Take care,

jim
SapperAstro_MatrixForum

Post by SapperAstro_MatrixForum »

ORIGINAL: jimcarravallah

ORIGINAL: SapperAstro

Upsides:

There are Australians.

Downsides:

A few pommies.

Ah, but no Americans to bail out the Commonwealth [:D]

But there can be! Anyone can make their own scenarios featuring Uncle Sam to the rescue!

I can see it now...the Thermopylae pass is threatened...the stalwart defenders prepare for day three, their unshaven faces glare from foxholes at the new dawn, the blackened corpses of german panzers still smoking nearby... and here come the Germans again!

But wait! Did you hear that? Who would be singing 'Oklahoma' at a time like this?

The Americans! Come to bail us out again like in dubya dubya one!

Perhaps you could call it 'Screaming Eagles over Thermopylae'. [;)]

Oh, I forgot to say in the upside ledger:

Greeks vs Italians! You can give it to Mussolini on the Albanian front, Greek style! Now you tell me about another game that allows that eh.

Return to “Command Ops Series”