Update on 1940: Fall of France scenario conversions

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

LoneWulf63

Update on 1940: Fall of France scenario conversions

Post by LoneWulf63 »

I finally finished all the maps last week and started working on the orgs. I have completely converted a couple of the scenarios and even had a chance to test one with Warhorse. Of course, he would have to take the Germans but eh I am just happy that it worked. I have also completed the platoon.oobs and weapon.pdt files needed for many of the scenarios and Jason has been kind enough to encrypt them for me. At the moment, I am concentrating on those scenarios that do not need the modified oobs and weapon files. There are 18 scenarios that do not require the modified files and 32 that do. Sometimes frustrating but always fun to do. I am hoping to have all 50 scenarios done by the end of this month. Then it is on to PTO for a loooonnnngggg time. Chris.
In loving memory of my wife, Rebecca. 5/2/52 to 7/13/2014. I miss you sweetheart.
budd

RE: Update on 1940: Fall of France scenario conversions

Post by budd »

how about some map screenshots when you get time.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
LoneWulf63

Post by LoneWulf63 »

I am not very computer savvy when it comes to things like screenshots. If you tell me how, I will try and be sure to share. Chris.
In loving memory of my wife, Rebecca. 5/2/52 to 7/13/2014. I miss you sweetheart.
budd

Post by budd »

You can use the printscreen key on your keyboard or a third party program. It's been so long since i used the printscreen key i don't remember where the system stores the screenshots.

Here's a link to third party free download of screenshot program I use [gadwin printscreen]. its simple and works for most games.

http://download.cnet.com/Gadwin-PrintSc ... ag=mncol;1

after you have a program to take screenshots, you

Attachments
ScreenShot006vert.jpg
ScreenShot006vert.jpg (198.36 KiB) Viewed 54 times
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
berto

Post by berto »

ORIGINAL: **budd**

You can use the printscreen key on your keyboard or a third party program. It's been so long since i used the printscreen key i don't remember where the system stores the screenshots.
@ resinslinger:

Shift-PrintScreen captures the screenshot to the Windows Clipboard (like a Copy operation). You can then Paste into the graphics editing program of your choice, for instance Windows Paint, but also (better) Photoshop, Corel PaintShop Pro (what I use), and many other freeware, shareware, and commercial alternatives.

Be sure to resize the image smaller (in your graphics software), say by 50%, before you upload and post.

I'm looking forward to seeing posted images of your work.
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

Hey Chris, +1 Berto and Budd, I usually hit printscrn, then always have Paintshop Pro open anyway, hit ctrl-V, then resize!

@ Budd, very good explanation of the posting mechanics, sir!![:D]
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”