Prevent and artillery

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here. Post any Community Site Requests here as well.

Moderator: Vic

nicodede62

Prevent and artillery

Post by nicodede62 »

Hello,

With my module WH40K, I use the artillery capacity for almost all units now.
Unfortunately, once a unit "uses" artillery, the prevent dont work and infantry that is supposed to be inside a vehicle receives all the shots in first.

Is this intentional or is it a bug ?
- Pour l'Empereur -
Vic

RE: Prevent and artillery

Post by Vic »

Can you give me a screenshot from the unwanted behaviour from the COMBAT DETAIL SCREEN?

I think something else might be going on.

best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
nicodede62

Post by nicodede62 »

Can you give me a screenshot from the unwanted behaviour from the COMBAT DETAIL SCREEN?

I think something else might be going on.

best,
Vic

Yes, of course

Three chimera with prevent for the infantry:

Six Storm troopers Squad:

Round one, no prevent for any chimera, same thing for round two:

- Pour l'Empereur -
Vic

Post by Vic »

Thanks for the screens. But can you show me a screenshot of how the infantry guy died it would be more helpfull. The Chimera's will not need "max prevent points received from preventers" since you dont want them to prevent hits on eachother. Increasing the number of prevent points they give might well fix the issue as well since its possible that after 6 attacks on infantry (with 3 chimeras protecting) the 7th attack will now not be prevented anymore.
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
nicodede62

Post by nicodede62 »

ORIGINAL: Vic
Thanks for the screens. But can you show me a screenshot of how the infantry guy died it would be more helpfull.

Yes, another screen but it's not the same battle:

I tried with the base engine, the result is the same. As soon as the artillery fires, the prevent is not considered:

The Chimera's will not need "max prevent points received from preventers" since you dont want them to prevent hits on eachother.

it's settled, it was a mistake on my part in the editor.
Increasing the number of prevent points they give might well fix the issue as well since its possible that after 6 attacks on infantry (with 3 chimeras protecting) the 7th attack will now not be prevented anymore.

Not really, because even if it increases the number of shots on transport, all infantry units present in the same hex benefit from the prevent bonus.
Even if they are not present in the same pawn.
- Pour l'Empereur -
Vic

Post by Vic »

Thanks for hanging in there.

I found the issue.

For some reason I did not allow prevents for artillery fire. I have no clue why i have done this anymore.
Cant think of any reason.

So i have made a new private beta build. You can test out the win8 fix at the same time. It changes the startup form size to avoid form resize issue on win8.

Here it is:
http://www.vrdesigns.nl/AdvancedTacticsGold215g.zip

If all works fine I am planning to replace the current public beta with this new subversion. So the next gold version should have the prevent working also under artillery fire.

best,
Vic
nicodede62

Post by nicodede62 »

Thank you, it works [:)].
- Pour l'Empereur -

Return to “Advanced Tactics Support”