where is located that sound !!!

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

razanon

where is located that sound !!!

Post by razanon »

hi friends im modding main menu and screens changing art to be a more japanese style, and i have a question:

where is located the "changing frequency" sound when you change the type of game? i put a compass there so i need to change that sound.

thx in advance
wdolson

RE: where is located that sound !!!

Post by wdolson »

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but all the sounds are in the SOUND folder. The sound files all have an SFX extension, but they are really just regular sound files. If you double click on one and then associate a sound player with it, it will play. I use VLC and it plays them fine.

Click on files until you find the sound effect you want to change. To replace it, rename the sound file you want to put in there to the same file name. The game will support most sound formats.

You can also play your own music by finding the music files (they are among the largest) and replacing them with your MP3s named to those file names. The game randomly plays the music files through range. I think it's 1025.sfx to 1034.sfx

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
razanon

Post by razanon »

hi friend, i know that, atm i have all japanese sounds changed and music into japanese style music, but i think there are sounds in the core of the game that you cant change, the sound im refering me is the sound in main menu when you change "japanse computer" allied computer" etc that sound.
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

I rewrote some of the sound code in AE. There are no sounds built into the EXE. All sounds come from sound files.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
razanon

Post by razanon »

thx then ill search more carefully, thx a lot
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: razanon

thx then ill search more carefully, thx a lot

I think the one you want is 1016.sfx.

Edit: Also overlaid with 1603.sfx at the same time.
The Moose
razanon

Post by razanon »

thx a lot!!

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”